Why are you still buying AZboxes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ice,

Your statement reminds me of something very humorous that I read in the cartoon section of the Omaha World Herald... You know the comic strip "ZITS" I am sure.
my mother thinks my little brother (who just turned 18) is a spitting image of Jeremy (the kid)

Anyway, the teenage kid was explaining to his Dad all the features of his new cellular phone, like taking pictures, texting, emailing, downloading songs and getting weather reports and road conditions, etc etc etc... Then the Dad asked him if he could use it to call anyone! LOL! I think that everyone can understand this point.
thats how I feel with a cell phone.

Maybe it is just me that is outdated, I don't know.

RADAR

nope. I have a cell phone that can do 3 things
-make and take calls
-allow me to text
-use the nextel 2 way system to beep a few folks

nothing else...I dont use any of those other things like camera, data, internet etc. I have always used "old school" phones. Heck I had an analog car phone mounted in my truck until about 5 years ago when Verizon basically forced me to get rid of it. They'd call me once a month to have me upgrade that phone and I refused. Worked great in Northern MN :)

AZboxes have been in the US some time now and the manufacturer has give many promises but little support. This part of the forum has thrown up many faults software and hardware. It seems to me Dreambox 8000 has far more support with less problems and incompatibility.

Pedro, you disappoint me my friend!

I must punish you very harshly for this betrayal of the AZBox! :eek:

I'm just kidding of course. But, I do hope that you realize that OpenSAT is relying upon the end users to help them correct their errors with the AZBox and make it a better product for the future. Other boxes and manufacturers may be ahead of them, but we can shorten the gap with our help.

I have always been high spirited in regarding FTA as a hobby, and not an affair of perfect order. I think that if I had expected the same quality and consistency in FTA that a person could get from DN or DirecTV by paying them, I would have given up long ago. But, I do not give up and every new problem is a challange and an exciting adventure for me.

I hope that you do understand me. I expect very little, therefore I am rarely dissappointed. But, I am also an optimist, so I am always happy with everything that confronts me.

Have fun Pedro! ;)

RADAR

Lets make this plain and simple... for those who agree me with say HELL YA

AZBox 4:2:2 = HELL YA, that's all I care for.

DB8000/800 4:2:2 = NO 4:2:2, OH HELL NO.

HELL YA

I agree :)

I have the Sathawk that blind scans S2 and the azbox that plays 4:2:2. What more could you want? :)

Heck I had an analog car phone mounted in my truck until about 5 years ago when Verizon basically forced me to get rid of it. They'd call me once a month to have me upgrade that phone and I refused. Worked great in Northern MN :)

My brother used to have an analog "bag" phone. I don't know what provider he was with, but they eventually cut his service off. He was not happy. It was the only phone that worked down in the river valley where our cabins are. Now he has a digital cell phone that rarely works unless he drives out of the valley. Oh it works fair most of the time, but you can't really rely upon it. It is a pain to deal with these phones down there on the river.

I am sure that you can identify with this. It is all improved, you know!

RADAR

HELL YA!

Of course, I am on to a new project to improve this even further. I love my Coolsat 5000 and I love my AZBox, so I am working on a genetic hybrid right now. I have the Coolsat set atop the AZBox and I am waiting for them to mate. I am hoping to come up with a CoolAZBox hybrid!

HA!

RADAR

So, let me get this right . . .

The SatHawk and the DM800 both blind scan(?) and don't do 4:2:2 (?).
Sounds like those could be compared.

Last time someone brought this up, I checked the price on the DM8000, and it was close to $1100, so it doesn't really compare to anything.
Two tuners or not, if it doesn't do 4:2:2, it's not really in the race...and certainly not at that price!

And to answer the question asked by the OP, "why are you still buying AZboxes?" . . .
. . . That seems to be pretty well answered by the posts above.
It fills a vacuum not well addressed by other hardware.
ie: no competition

My next box will have S2 BLIND SCAN and 4:2:2 :)

Just which one that will be remains to be seen.

OK, I hear you guys loud and clear. You want DVB-S2 BLIND SCAN and 4:2:2. :)

And the capability to record high bitrate feeds ;) ... Actually, many HD receivers seem to have a problem with this. Funny thing is, the Visionsat (a standard definition receiver) will record high bitrate HD with no problems. Unfortunately, however, no S2 or MPEG-4...

I want blindscan, 4:2:2, high bitrate viewing/recording, DVB S2 HD all in one box then I'll be happy:D

Oh yeah! :up

But, just like Lak7 says, "How much are you willing to pay?"

With all of that you would have a "Titanic" receiver, but remember, an "Iceberg" could still sink it!!!... :D

Look to the Azbox Premium Plus as the price point leader. It is the closest to my requirements but you can't buy it here and support is awful from what I read.

Look to the Azbox Premium Plus as the price point leader. It is the closest to my requirements but you can't buy it here and support is awful from what I read.
Price is about $505 plus shipping from satshop.tv/AzBox-HD-Premium-Plus-PVR-Linux-
Unknowns are Blind Scanning speeds and High Bit Rate recording ability.
Support, about 1 firmware per week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)