Why aren't all my local channels in HD?

MikeMoss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Ada, MI
Hi

Just got my HD receiver installed yesterday afternoon.

I notice that while most of my local channels show up as HD the one that is CBS and my Local PBS station do not.

I have a small HD TV upstairs that gets it's signal from a set of rabbit ears and it gets HD channels for both of these stations.

Can anyone tell me why I don't get them that way through Dish?

Will I have to connect an antenna to my main TV to get them in HD on it?

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Dish does not carry local PBS stations, and is in retransmission price dispute with the owner of the CBS affiliate, Freedom Communications . So, yes...you need an antenna. What receiver do you have???? Except for the 722K, you can run antenna through through any VIP receiver and the OTA will appear in program guide. With 722K, you would need to purchase and add-on OTA module...$40.00 from Dish I believe.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/177198-dish-freedom-corp-disagreement-heats-up.html

Last edited:
Hi

I have a 622 receiver.

My old antenna with the rotor is still mounted in the attic and there is a plug behind the TV.

I don't know where my rotor controller is any more it has been years since I used an antenna but it would probably be worth getting a new one if I have to.

If I can get the two channels I need with one setting then I wont need it anyway.

I had to call dish today to get the HD channels, that I were supposed to be there, enabled but everything looks great now.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts