Why buy a 3d tv?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
I am sorry if this is a dumb question but i have a Samsung dlp TV and i have rented movies in 3d.. What is the reason to buy a 3d tv?? I am just not getting the big deal?

No need to if you aren't interested. BUT.... There is a huge difference in the old 3D we've all rented and the current technology.

S~

I would strongly recommend that you demand a trial period for any new 3d tv purchase in which you can actually spend a significant period of time wearing the "home-type" of 3d glasses prior to finalizing your purchase. These glasses being currently marketed are not very comfortable at best and are extremely uncomfortable for many persons, particularly those who have to wear their own prescription glasses while also wearing the 3d glasses which are far different from the typical IMAX type 3d glasses. I realize that you can purchase prescription 3d glasses but they are very expensive. Perhaps the 3d glasses design will soon catch up with the 3d tv marketing boom.

There was a message posted over the last day from someone expressing loads of regret over having purchased a television that shall not be compatible with this new 3D technology. Now, of course, there is no guarantee that this specific technology will last longer than HD-DVD did, but by the same token this technology could last as long as DD5.1 has. Y'never know. And the person posting the rant may not have been able to afford this new technology anyway. However, the point is clear: You buy a 3D television because you can afford to, and don't want to end up with loads of buyers' remorse a couple of years from now, essentially facing the prospect of replacing a television you buy today because you didn't have the "foresight" to buy one with a little future-proofing on-board.

3D

I purchased my Panasonic 3D plasma because, IMHO, it is the absolute best HDTV on the market today. The fact that it is also 3D is a bonus. And, yes, the 3D is the most awesome thing I have witnessed in my living room. And, the glasses are quite comfortable, thank you. :up

I purchased my Panasonic 3D plasma because, IMHO, it is the absolute best HDTV on the market today. The fact that it is also 3D is a bonus. And, yes, the 3D is the most awesome thing I have witnessed in my living room. And, the glasses are quite comfortable, thank you. :up

Yeap. No problem wearnng the glasses over my glasses here.

S~