Why can´t we post feeds?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jogon64

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Northern Mexico
I´m not trying to break any rules or stir up the forum, I´m just here for learning.

I was wondering, does it really matter if we post or not feeds on the forum, will they really turn on encryption because "we" become aware their channel is ITC? Did they forget to turn it on? Don´t they have to pay "someone" to be able to use whatever scrambling system they have contracted?

I understood they uplink the signals for cable companies and they are not intended for us Fta´ers, so if they don´t scramble could it be because some client does not have access to hard or software to decode? If so, then the decision to scramble has nothing to do with us. So posting feeds would not do any harm.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Let me repeat, I'm not one to go around posting, but if it really doesn´t matter then why not benefit from sharing these findings with ftaers?

It was a different world back in '86 when HBO went dark, there was no web to report feeds on and when Usenet finally became popular later the debate over whether posting feeds caused them to go dark or not began and has been going on since. Someone posts a feed, someone else jumps on them for doing it.
I highly doubt anyone posting a feed has ever resulted in it being encrypted, however it is the rule on this board to not post feeds so that decision has already been made here and we have to abide by it.

Yup and because of someones open forum many feeds have been encrypted, and testing for most feeds to fully encrypt shortly.

I'm closing the thread because we've been around this block enough times.
There are people who have feelings that they can post whatever they want whenever they want and there is no repercussions

Then there are the folks who post it in specific areas that google and spiders can't grab to post on search engines where companies can pick up the info and then scramble it.

tdti1 said it the best. Because of people posting in open forums and blabbing to networks stuff started getting scrambled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts