why can't Dish fix their bugs?

Yes. But certain things can be frustrating.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

I was recently told on another forum by a Dish employee, that the jump to live bug was fixed by a recent software update, even though my Hopper still does it. Mine jumps to live unless I skip back about 30 seconds. Anywhere from about 30 seconds back, to about 45 seconds back, it won't skip, but it will pixellate until I go to live myself with the live TV button. The employee told me that none of the other 14 million Dish customers were still having this problem, just the few of us on these forums that are still complaining about it.

Ha! I see this all the time. Usually if I go back 10 seconds or pause restart quickly.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

No matter the bugs, to me there's no better DVR out there.
Amen, Bro! To be honest, the ONLY bug that makes me want to jump out and shout is the problem with recording the OTA sub channels. The rest don't affect or bother me whatsoever.

Reactions: Rey and navychop
I've seen the jumping bug, going back to my 622, but not nearly as much as many of you. It seemed to start with the MPEG4 transition and then became more prevalent after the Tivo travesty, but again, it's been far from a common thing for me. (So once again we have, apparently, an example of a bug that only hits certain receivers!)

Yes. But certain things can be frustrating.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

I can't imagine how frustrated I would be with another provider like Mediacom in my area. I think I can put up with the little bug my Hopper has right now.

I was having timer issues too. Things like tuners in use when they were not, asking if I want to let something record and switch to that channel when there were 2 available tuners, something says its recording in the guide but it really wasn't. I've pretty much fixed all of that by going into my timers list and deleting a lot of them that were seasonal shows that are not showing new episodes at the moment. Things like X Factor, American Idle, Cake Boss, Little Couple, Pit Bulls and Parolees. All of those are on break till the new season starts. I had at least 25 timers set and deleted almost half of them. I haven't had a timer conflict or glitch since. I DO have the skip back and it switches to live TV by itself glitch, very annoying. I also still can't record OTA sub channels either.

I was having timer issues too. Things like tuners in use when they were not, asking if I want to let something record and switch to that channel when there were 2 available tuners, something says its recording in the guide but it really wasn't. I've pretty much fixed all of that by going into my timers list and deleting a lot of them that were seasonal shows that are not showing new episodes at the moment. Things like X Factor, American Idle, Cake Boss, Little Couple, Pit Bulls and Parolees. All of those are on break till the new season starts. I had at least 25 timers set and deleted almost half of them. I haven't had a timer conflict or glitch since. I DO have the skip back and it switches to live TV by itself glitch, very annoying. I also still can't record OTA sub channels either.

Same issue here regarding the sub-channels. I'm in Vegas too, do you notice only few sub-channels have guides? the whole 47.x is missing along with Create and Movie (8.3).

I'm in Vegas too, do you notice only few sub-channels have guides? the whole 47.x is missing along with Create and Movie (8.3).
I had to look this up, but channel 47 is a low-power, independent station. Dish doesn't carry that station, do they ? If they don't, you will NOT see any guide data no matter what.

Is Create a PBS sub-channel ? I suspect it is as a) we have a Create sub-channel on PBS as well and b) I saw it referenced with KLVX. If they added that sub-channel, changed any PSIP-related data, moved it, etc after a certain date, Dish stopped maintaining this data(base). That happened with our local PBS as well. They swapped places amongst the (5) sub-channels and one of them has the wrong channel data and the other reads "Digital Service".

I agree. We have lost more shows in the 5 weeks we have had the Hopper then we did in 5 years with DirecTv DVRs. The wife is lobbying hard for a return.
If you call Dish they basically tell you that you are too stupid to use their state of the art equipment.

I love how it doesnt record the replay of a show that was skipped due to a conflict even though it shows it will in the schedule. Happened again last night. Showed that it would record the replay of the skipped show at 1am. Looked this morning and of course it did not.

I love how it doesnt record the replay of a show that was skipped due to a conflict even though it shows it will in the schedule. Happened again last night. Showed that it would record the replay of the skipped show at 1am. Looked this morning and of course it did not.
It should, so if it didn't, there's either a problem (bug) or an issue with the guide data. What show are you talking about ?

Anyone else have this happen ?

I have the "Canceled By User" problem too. I also had a problem last night, with the Super Joey, not the first time either, where the Hopper only showed 3 tuners instead of 5. I would check again, one minute later, and it would show tuners 4 & 5 acquiring data. Check again, and it's back to to only 3 tuners. In the network setup under whole home, it shows the Super Joey is linked. As I said, it is not the first time it has happened. I end up doing a reboot to solve the problem.

It should, so if it didn't, there's either a problem (bug) or an issue with the guide data. What show are you talking about ?

Anyone else have this happen ?
It use to work the way its meant to. Then after one of the updates it stopped. Last night was just an example. This has happened previously. The guide data was fine. I checked it out when I realized that it wasnt recording the original timer

I have the "Canceled By User" problem too.
It use to work the way its meant to. Then after one of the updates it stopped. Last night was just an example. This has happened previously. The guide data was fine. I checked it out when I realized that it wasnt recording the original timer
Is this the "Canceled by user" bug too ?

fishman316: What reason did it give for not recording it or skipping it ?

Cancelled by user. It then showed that it would be recorded at 1am. Cancelled by user again. All the other shows recorded including the pawn stars at 930pm. The 9pm episode is the one that was cancelled

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)