why can't Dish fix their bugs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I could/would not go back to a VIP. Too used to the third tuner, PTAT, and yes, even autohop. Was going to list commercial skipping via PiP but the 722 has that, just never used it. I also imagine I'd miss the Hopper GUI. Bugs are annoying but minor compared to the advantages.

Reactions: Scherrman
I've currently got 255 recordings on my Hopper and 100 or so on my EHD. The Hopper is only 43% full so a lot of those shows are 15 and 30 minute jobs from Adult Swim and MyTv. I'm currently watching 19 different series and for all I know I may be losing recordings but ignorance is bliss. I'm watching too many series - I have a hard time keeping track of them from week to week. I should cut down or save them but my attention span isn't long enough to watch 6 or 7 Rizzoli & Isles in a row.

I'll stick to my Hoppers for now.

Reactions: 3HaloODST
I have over 800 recordings on both of my Hoppers. I could transfer the important shows and movies but I just couldn't give up the HD on my 4 TVs and being able to share the recordings on them all. Too many benefits to give up.

I am not at the tipping point yet for trading in the hopper, but I would no longer recommend it to anyone. A coworker of mine was thinking about upgrading and I had to talk him back from the edge of the cliff

Reactions: foghorn2
I am not at the tipping point yet for trading in the hopper, but I would no longer recommend it to anyone. A coworker of mine was thinking about upgrading and I had to talk him back from the edge of the cliff

Same here, the thrill is gone thanks to the lousy updates breaking things that worked perfectly before.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
The biggest reason I dislike them is because of the lack of coax out. It makes it very hard to do mirrors with this receiver and with the rule changes we don't get to use dual tuner receivers as much so we're forced to use 211z receivers. They also look and feel cheaper.

I see some of you miss the coax out. I used a component extender over cat5 to get the signal from my Hopper to my patio. Yeah, it cost me a few bucks, but works quite well.

For some reason recently my timers on USA network, TBS and a few other "cable" channels are recording more than once. I have verified that I only have the timer out in my queue only once and they are set up for new shows only but still recording multiple times. This has been going on for about a month now. Any thoughts as it if this is a guide or software bug? I just delete them but the "boss" at home is grumbling and we all know how we like to keep them happy :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts