why can't Dish fix their bugs?

I have my timers on my HWS default set to start o min early and 5 minutes late and so far have had no problem and I have 89 timers.

BTW, I read that the timers now allow for 192 or so up from 96 maximum.
I used to get more but then you could not do any more until below 96.
That was the 722 and not a happy case if used by anyone else.
Don't think they raised the size of the program list, ~576? With repeats, a problem.
-Ken

I am guessing that nightly updates do some minor tweaking at times because I've had some little things come and go between major updates. Someone once pointed out that PTAT was turned on by a nightly reboot/update.

Anyhow I have a small hearing problem and use CC to augment my viewing experience on my own Hopper. There was a bug in CC when watching recordings which required you to hit pause for a second if CC did not start or resume after skipping. That bug went away for a while but I notice that it's been back for the past few days. I also see another bug with CC occasionally. I sometimes use the swap button to switch between a recording and a live show like watching the recording during commercials etc. When doing this sometimes the CC from the other screen bleeds over into what I'm currently watching and I'll see 2 CC transmissions simultaneously.

BTW, I read that the timers now allow for 192 or so up from 96 maximum.
I used to get more but then you could not do any more until below 96.
That was the 722 and not a happy case if used by anyone else.
Don't think they raised the size of the program list, ~576? With repeats, a problem.
-Ken
I really believe that Dish Pass/Seek and Record timers solve that problem, even on the 722.

I have Dish Pass timers for Forensic Files and L&O: SVU, all episodes. As you can imagine, those timers alone would fill up hundreds of future events, yet looking at each one only fills at most 50 episodes each, going out only a couple of days. As current events fall off the list, new ones roll in. I never have a problem with missed events or creating new timers.

I don't think there are any limits on the episode count except the 96 (now 192) timers, not episodes, beforehand. I could be wrong.
-Ken

I have also had it skip a timer due to a conflict even though there should be none. For example last thursday it showed:
Tuner 1-the first 48- 8 to 9:01
Tuner 2-after the first 48-9 to 10:01
Tuner 3-mythbusters-9 to 10
Tuner 2-pawn stars- 9 to 9:31
Tuner 1-pawn stars-9:30 to10:01
Instead of using the same tuner to record the shows that are back to back on the same channel, it uses all seperate ones. So it skipped after the first 48 and rescheduled it for the replay, which of course did not start to record. My son was up and hit record like 5 mins into the show since he was watching it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just got hit by this one again last night. Like you, it involved Mythbusters and Pawn Stars, and I forgot what the third event that it successfully recorded was. But then at 10:00 the premiere of Garfunkel & Oates on IFC got bumped to the second showing, which of course then got skipped because it was "cancelled by user"!

I guess we need to pull the vcr out and blow the dust off to catch the recordings that our dvr seems to not know how to record

My wife disvovered that if you set a manual timer to record the replay then it does record it. Pretty dumb

Please rename the box to "the Hooper", the DVR you have to jump Hoops to make it work right.
The firmware from 1 year ago worked so much better than this latest crap they are pushing.

Reactions: Jim S.
Guess my initial moniker of "Flopper" wasn't too far off. :D

But like me and other long time hopperites say, it used to be real good but every recent update just seems to make things worse.
But to their credit they did fix the "dropped local channels from custom lists" bug, at least on my machines. Maybe I shouldn't mention that.:)

How many people here would get rid of their Hopper because of the current bugs you have? I know the bugs that have affected me are pretty small compared to all the benefits the Hopper gives me.

Reactions: Hall
A couple of weeks ago, all six of my OTA copies of Doc Martin on my LR HWS disappeared. Not in Deleted either. Also lost those episodes on my MBR HWS.

Sigh.

Sure, I'm keeping the HWS, and Dish, of course. But I'm less happy, especially since they don't seem to have any interest in fixing OTA.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

How many people here would get rid of their Hopper because of the current bugs you have? I know the bugs that have affected me are pretty small compared to all the benefits the Hopper gives me.
Deleted shows, timers not firing...that would be a deal-breaker for me right there. If I had a Hopper doing that, I would go back to ViP in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Nominal
Having HD on all four of my TVs, the ability to have access to all my recordings on those TVs and the ability to have a Wireless Joey in my bedroom far outweigh little things like missed timers. It may be different for me since most shows I watch get replayed again so I can just record them later. Everyone has their own priorities so it's different for each of us.

I'm almost ready to. I'm in contract but can easily just use 3 VIP211's with 3 ehd's, or just use one 211k on the cheapest pack till/while I triple play with cable and get HBO free for 2 years.

I'm almost ready to. I'm in contract but can easily just use 3 VIP211's with 3 ehd's, or just use one 211k on the cheapest pack till/while I triple play with cable and get HBO free for 2 years.

Now that is a HUGE downgrade in my opinion. Not to mention the money you need to spend to purchase three EHDs. Hopefully you can find some 211k receivers because the 211z receivers are nothing special.

Now that is a HUGE downgrade in my opinion. Not to mention the money you need to spend to purchase three EHDs. Hopefully you can find some 211k receivers because the 211z receivers are nothing special.

The 211k's record SAT and OTA rock solid, no dvr fee, cant say that for the Hooper anymore. It used to be great, but now its a POS. We will see if its fixed with the next firmware. Hopefully the Hopper can once again be the best DVR out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)