Why can't we make contacting Dirt easier?

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Scott said Dish does not want him to do so...(from my suggestion was to put it the Dirt sticky). Alot of us say "contact Dirt". But many new members here don't have a clue as to how. So, some of us go through the Forum/Bottom/RED lingo. Kind of a PITA. Can this not be so difficult?. This is site is proud of the relationship...so, spread the word!!!

Last edited:
I think we shouldn't go to that well too often. Minor stuff should be handled thru normal channels. You don't use your best trained mechanic to do oil changes.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What do you want, their home phone number?

They are here and at two other forums - not 24/7 but then do you work 24/7 either.

I have never failed to get a response from DIRT within one day.

Believe me during the recent fee hike and my aborted then reinstituted upgrade to 2H3J system, I had many questions and all got answered.

Sometimes I have to switch the DIRT member that I address, but my inquiry is always answered the same day.

Look at the bottom of the page and see which ones are on line, if none wait and hour or so and one or two will show up.

I think we shouldn't go to that well too often. Minor stuff should be handled thru normal channels. You don't use your best trained mechanic to do oil changes.

Point taken.

I've seen plenty of "minor stuff" on the surface get blown up into a major problem by a poor CSR, however.

I've seen plenty of "minor stuff" on the surface get blown up into a major problem by a poor CSR, however.

Yep. My upgrade to a 2H/2J should have been a no brainer but I had to go thru Dirt to get it right.

My only problem is that because I'm colorblind and I cannot make out the red colors for dirt. Fortunately I haven't had to contact them often, but the only way I can figure out who is a dirt member is look for the ones that say @DishNetwork or whatever it is it says.

That said, I cannot be the only one that can't make out the red/black colors, so I don't know. I wish something could be modified, but I won't complain about it too loudly.

You probably picked her days off.

I always select a DIRT member that is listed as being on line at the time, look at the bottom of the Dish Forum Page..

My only problem is that because I'm colorblind and I cannot make out the red colors for dirt. Fortunately I haven't had to contact them often, but the only way I can figure out who is a dirt member is look for the ones that say @DishNetwork or whatever it is it says.

That said, I cannot be the only one that can't make out the red/black colors, so I don't know. I wish something could be modified, but I won't complain about it too loudly.

I think you have a good point. I know the names can be bolded- perhaps they could be put in a larger font size?

IIRC, the 'members online' section at the bottom of the Forums page used to be separated by group; staff, pub members, DIRT, etc., instead of the way it is now, as a large group. Maybe that can be looked into....

I looked this up and was surprised to learn that 7-10% of the overall male population has red-green color blindness. That blew me away. At something around 150 million males in this country, it adds up to 10.5 million to 15 million. At about 185,000 members to this website that would be as many as 18,500 members. That is a large group of men. Thinking about this, the color of the DISH team would have to change because, even bolded, some can't see it well. Perhaps the DIRT team could have there own box at the bottom of the forum page and be shown in bolded black. Perhaps there could be an automatic sticky on the Dish Forum that would populate which DIRT members are on site at that moment.

IIRC, the 'members online' section at the bottom of the Forums page used to be separated by group; staff, pub members, DIRT, etc., instead of the way it is now, as a large group. Maybe that can be looked into....
That mod was unfortunately causing server load issues so I removed it. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts