Why did DISH move Polish channels off 61.5 !?!?!?

hman414

Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
I was wondering if anyone knows why DISH recently moved the Polish channels off 61.5?

Those channels have been on 61.5 forever it seems...

I had my mother in law all set up on 61.5/110/119 with a DP34.

She mainly watches the Polish language channels because that is her first language.

When the Polish channels were at 61.5 I could lock in the transponders at +80%.

Now that they are on 118.7 I am lucky to get 60%. You guessed it, now when it rains the signal drops out!

Are there any plans to move the international channels like Polish language off Ku and back on the
stronger DBS satellites in the future?

Also, what do people who are in EA markets like Green Bay, WI do now. Do they need 2 dishes for standard HD programming and international?

Any info would be great...

Thanks

Henry

You already know the answer that DISH is moving all internationals to 118.7 Seeing DISH is forcing the move they should have provided a free upgrade to a DISH 500PLUS including installation.
Dziekujerny( pronounced Jenn-koo-yeh)
Bob

that area needed two dishes because of 61.5. now one dish takes care of it. you do know that the signals on the signal screen are not percentages, right? 118 should be fine if your dish is tuned right. anyway, this is years overdue, all internationals were supposed to be off 61.5 a long long time ago. if there is going to be any backup for intl channels it will probably be 72.7

You never know, but I doubt anytime soon those channels will be anywhere but 118. Obviously location makes a big difference, but even in Ct. I get a fine signal with 118 and as mentioned you should have had that done for free, they did for me. If they are losing signal more than before ask to have them come out and see if they can either aim better, or if you have the best dish for your location.

If the dish is pointed correctly, you should have zero issues with 118.7. Some technicians dont bother checking signal strengths on multiple transponders with 118.7. A 500/1000 plus needs to be aimed just right to ensure optimal signal strength is on ALL transponders, not just the one they may have tuned off of.

hman414 said:
I was wondering if anyone knows why DISH recently moved the Polish channels off 61.5?

Those channels have been on 61.5 forever it seems...

I had my mother in law all set up on 61.5/110/119 with a DP34.

She mainly watches the Polish language channels because that is her first language.

When the Polish channels were at 61.5 I could lock in the transponders at +80%.

Now that they are on 118.7 I am lucky to get 60%. You guessed it, now when it rains the signal drops out!

Are there any plans to move the international channels like Polish language off Ku and back on the
stronger DBS satellites in the future?

Also, what do people who are in EA markets like Green Bay, WI do now. Do they need 2 dishes for standard HD programming and international?

Any info would be great...

Thanks

Henry

Fyi, not that this helps your situation, but, 80 and 60 are not percentages, they are strenghts. If it was percentage i would love to see it hit 125%.

Anyways, even at 60 you should not be experiencing rain fade on 118.7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)