Why did you choose DirecTV over Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Combo deal with Wireless and D*. Select package does not include ESPN, but does have BBC America, for only $50.

Because Dish owes me $2.4 million dollars and won't pay me

So I said screw them and cancelled my account and convinced all my friends to switch also.
My question is , If someone owned me 2.4 million dollars I would have it.
So what's preventing you from getting paid if it's owed?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I've had both Dish and DirecTV and I ultimately prefer DirecTV. I had quite a few technical issues in my home with Dish that they could not resolve, that and the Tribune Broadcast dispute is why I switched back. I have a 55'' 4KTV in my basement, when I had the hopper 3 the PQ was nowhere as good as the quality I got with the C61K from DTV. I might pay a bit more with DirecTV but I feel like it's more of a premium service than Dish and worth the extra money. DTV has more channels in HD than Dish (in particular Disney XD for Star Wars Rebels).

I have both...where I live 99% of the time I moved to direct, nice picture and Its sure nice to have all the sports!

I have been treated fairly, I do like Dishes hopper system very nice software and equipment....Price wise very little difference.....If I stay with Direct I will be looking to upgrade to 4K because I have a real nice 75" pride and joy!

I started with Dish and after two years dumped them for contract disruptions(less common then) and weather issues. After being with Charter for 2 years moved to Directv in 2008. I then noticed better picture quality, almost no weather issues and very few contract disputes,

Reactions: ejb1980
DirecTV customer since 1996 and have had the Distant Networks since then. Since I have 3 of each network in different time zones, I have my own free version of the NFL Sunday Ticket.

More sports, less disputes, better picture, Sunday Ticket, NY RSN's, and the price is better than Dish. When Direct price goes up, I call and get discounts. I would never go back to Dish. You never know when Dish is going to have a dispute and take away channels.

Reactions: anex80
All about the sports and picture quality. I switched to DTV from FiOS on January 2, 2008 to get MSG in hi def and haven't looked back.

All about the sports and picture quality. I switched to DTV from FiOS on January 2, 2008 to get MSG in hi def and haven't looked back.

It is interesting that so many people chose D* for sports when I chose it for the opposite reason. It is nice that their packages are so flexible.

It is interesting that so many people chose D* for sports when I chose it for the opposite reason. It is nice that their packages are so flexible.
Back in the day,if you wanted Movies, you went with DISH, if you wanted Sports, you went with Directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.