Why didn't/won't the diginets launch as satellite/cable tv networks?

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
Before they launched why didn't all these classic diginets launch as satellite/cable networks instead?, like why didn't the companies just launch them as classic channels on satellite instead of diginets?
I think I read on another forum that Get TV is going to launch on Dish?

Paytv bills are skyrocketing and it's harder and harder to launch a new channel and actually get carriage on the video providers unless you're a Disney/espn that force it on everyone during renewal of their main channel.

With the diginets they can buy the channel space from a local affiliate and keep almost all the ad money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Get TV has been dropped in many markets for antenna TV in Sinclair markets correct? Being put on Dish was probably its saving grace.

I'll ask again: Do we really need more 'marathon' channels? You know, the same show all day every day, over and over again? It's bad enough on cable. I would not want "Keeping Up with the ..." or "Real Housewives of ..." or "Orange is the new ..." on OTA. I'm almost ready to cut the cord. I don't want to take the antenna down, too.

I'll ask again: Do we really need more 'marathon' channels?
I don't think it is reasonable to equate subchannels with playing marathons. In my market, the CW affiliate is the one that does the marathons (as CW has so little programming). The conventional subchannels have relatively consistent schedules that might play a show back-to-back but rarely in back-to-back-to-back-to-back marathon format.

The format that really confounds me is exemplified by TBS where they sometimes play episodes from different seasons back-to-back.

The format that really confounds me is exemplified by TBS where they sometimes play episodes from different seasons back-to-back.
lots of syndicated shows do that if there are two airings of a show

of the top of my head the following shows are on back to back (in Minneapolis market) and are 2 different seasons
-Friends
-Two Broke Girls
-2 1/2 men
-Anger Management
-Big Bang
-Simpsons
-Heck even Andy Griffith is too

Throw in the weekend episodes which are usually different seasons than the other 2 episodes and there are usually 3 different seasons going on during a week :)

I wish they would add antenna tv to Dish.
hope not. Its the one I watch the most

I dont see that happening because the agreement with the stations is that they split the cost of ads. GetTV doesnt do that. They handle all the ads. Thats why GetTV is on Dish (being a Sony product doesnt help either) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)