Why Directv ? I think they are sucking

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mots-a

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
Long tim Dtv guy here, I need some questions answerd if you all can.

I am A long time Dtv cust. I have pirchased the NFL package since avail. I have baught nascar pack and mlb pack a few times, I have 4 boxs 2 hd dvrs and 2 reg. boxs. I baught my hd tvs because Dtv is the leader in hd.

OK

Why does Comcast and Verizon Have the Nascar Race on their Regular ESPN HD Channels and Dtv dosnt?

Dtv gets the race on 211SD! bad picture

If Dtv provides verizon with signal why are the Verizon guys getting better tv then me? { I dont car about the nfl package anymore Cost to much, Plus I can go nextdorr and watch the redzone for free on Verizon or Comcrap.}

When I call Dtv they act like they dont care! (must be that im under contract?)

Thanks for looking
Tom

Have you checked the alternate hd channels? They may be using them for the race. Perhaps you could check on ABC. They have a NASCAR race on right now.

yes, but because of "irene" the local chan 7 has gone to Weather 24-7, I do get the 795 - 798 chan. But i dont like the split screen. Neverless why are my nieghbors are watching it With Verizon and Comcrap o their normal ESPN HD chanels, And Im looking at it on Chan 211 In very bad SD?

Do I read you correct? So your local affiliate changes your programming YET you still have a way to watch the race AND you are pissed at DirecTV? Hmmmm, sound like mis-placed anger IMHO

My guess is because Comcast and Verizon are local, so they are able to control programming locally, such as moving a network program on a local network to a national network in order to cover local events. DirecTV is totally national, and are not able to move programming locally or else they would have to do so for every single person in the country. IOW, Comcast is able to move a local national feed on a local channel to another sub channel. What you are probably seeing is just the local ABC feed on another channel provided by your local cable company. The ESPN logo is on most ABC sports since they are the same company.

The NASCAR race is /was on ABC, not ESPN tonight.

Your saying your ABC is covering Irene instead ?
You didn't say where you were located, but if your anywhere that is effected by Irene, I would expect it to take over coverage.

Did you happen to check and see if they moved it to a Alt ESPN channel ?

Charper1 and DodgerKing Thanks I kinda understand now how it works, What you guys put together explains to me more then D* did after 1hr on the phone with them.

YW, but I just really don't think DirecTV CSRs will be in tune with anything your local affiliates do unless they lose the signal feed from them. It's really not their job.

The NASCAR race is /was on ABC, not ESPN tonight.

Your saying your ABC is covering Irene instead ?
You didn't say where you were located, but if your anywhere that is effected by Irene, I would expect it to take over coverage.

Did you happen to check and see if they moved it to a Alt ESPN channel ?

Sorry Maryland here, Yes not on ABC, Irene BS, ESPN was HS Football, I got The race on ESPN ALT Chan 211 SD very bad.

My guess is because Comcast and Verizon are local, so they are able to control programming locally, such as moving a network program on a local network to a national network in order to cover local events. DirecTV is totally national, and are not able to move programming locally or else they would have to do so for every single person in the country. IOW, Comcast is able to move a local national feed on a local channel to another sub channel. What you are probably seeing is just the local ABC feed on another channel provided by your local cable company. The ESPN logo is on most ABC sports since they are the same company.
national event
D* Also told me that ABC and ESPN are not the same, And that D* Dosnt give feed ti Verizon, Also AS what you say in local event I can understand that but this Nascar race is a National Event. And my brother just told me he got it in hd on the other dish. so how is this? Also went up the road to the pub they had the race in HD on D*? I need to understand.

It was ABC HD (preempted locally) and on ESPN ALT and on DirecTV NASCAR HotPass HD (free)

It being a national event has zero bearing on what your local affiliate can do or does with the feed, especially during time of emergencies.

What your local pub has may or may not have been DirecTV regardless; however they are a commercial establishment and have access to other sources.

I really wouldn't worry about too much considering the rarity.

Last edited:
Sorry Maryland here, Yes not on ABC, Irene BS, ESPN was HS Football, I got The race on ESPN ALT Chan 211 SD very bad.

So IOW, it was entirely the "fault" of your local channel, and NOTHING to do with Directv.

It was ABC HD (preempted locally) and on ESPN ALT and on DirecTV NASCAR HotPass HD (free)

It being a national event has zero bearing on what your local affiliate can do or does with the feed, especially during time of emergencies.

What your local pub has may or may not have been DirecTV regardless; however they are a commercial establishment and have access to other sources.

I really wouldn't worry about too much considering the rarity.

Pub is D* only! they have no comcast and no verizon feed! Why did my brother get the race on Dish net in HD? I know this is small beans. I am Paying for my entertaiment, Im not getting it for free!

Pub is D* only! they have no comcast and no verizon feed! Why did my brother get the race on Dish net in HD? I know this is small beans. I am Paying for my entertaiment, Im not getting it for free!

AGAIN, your beef is with the local ABC affiliate, not Directv. Why don't you understand this?

Directv doesn't broadcast anything, they just pass along whatever the channels are showing. It's the same with every provider, Dish, Cable, etc.

AGAIN, your beef is with the local ABC affiliate, not Directv. Why don't you understand this?

I find it odd that ABC would send a HD Feed to every other company except for Dtv, Yes the Hot pass was on in hd, so if D has the h.p. why couldnt they show it as a regular race in hd?

Seems like I being picky, But I dont understand how the D gets a blackout from ABC?

Heck on my Dish system the local ABC (Duluth, MN) had the Vikes pre-season game. I dont know if they put it on their RTV subchannel (Dish doesnt carry it) but if they didnt there was no way for folks to see it except for it in SD.

My DIrectv system I could see it as Minneapolis ABC carried it (Vikes were on NBC)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts