Why do I only receive even numbered transponders?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kahnman35

Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
san francisco area
At home, I have a Direct TV Slimline 5 dish with 1 HD DVR, 1 HD rcvr, and 2 regular receivers (D-12s). I want to use one of the D-12s in my RV. After hooking everything up, I only received even numbered transponders from the 101 satellite. I am guessing this situation is caused by my Winegard dish (18 inch round with 1 LNB) on my RV. Perhaps it only receives one polarization? Do I need two feeds/LNBs to get all of the 101 transponders?

The receiver will pick the polarization it needs for the tuned channels by sending either 13v or 18v to the LNB. Check your round dish as it may have two outputs from the LNB. If it does then connect the receiver to the other output to see if the odd TPs are still missing. Do both D12s have the same problem when connected to that dish? If so, my guess is that the LNB is bad.

Possible causes:

Bad receiver
Bad LNB
Bad connectors

I would start with the connectors.

it means theres a short in the line somewhere, probably caused by a splitter, they seem to take out the 13v as iwc stated. so start by making sure its a home run from the dish to the receiver, and you only need 1 line, not 2, unless its a dvr. check all your fitting to make sure theres not braids touching the copper core, check for corrosion, and bad barrels. and check for rg59, if the cable is 59 and shty quality, then it could short out. (probably caused by the fitting on the wire) but its deff a short somewhere. you dont need to attach a second wire to your lnb. unless you want 2 receivers or 1 dvr. and the dish type has nothing to do with the evens and odds syndrome.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts