Why Do You Hate A Team?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
simple....you were born that way :D

being a lifelong Minnesotan, you learn to hate the Packers. You may not like the Vikes, but you hate the Packers

also, as for college hockey...either you love the MN Goofers or you hate them. I personally hate them :)

Cuz the Raiders are low class, cheating b*stards, led by their low class owner Al Davis, who's motto is "Just win, Baby".

In particular, that "Holy Roller" play where they forward fumbled the ball 50 yards down the field for a touchdown against the Chargers put me off on the Raiders forever. Not to mention Fred Biletnikoff's head to toe stickum, and Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks' dirty plays . Any coach with any class (John Madden, Jon Gruden, Mike Shanahan) left in disgust. Only wanna-be's and has-been's will work for Al Davis now.

I agree with iceberg...

I was born in Edmonton, thus the anti-Calgary genes were injected right at the start.

Even when the Flames made it to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup in 2004, I was cheering for Tampa Bay just out of spite. I am sure the Calgary fans returned the favor in 2006 when the Oilers lost Game 7 to Carolina.

Because people from Pittsburgh don't have a full set of teeth and "breed" with their cousins. ;) :D

Plus, Woody Hayes taught me not give a damn about the whole state of Michigan.

I started hating the Flames and calling them Traitors when they were stolen from Atlanta and moved to Calgary. :mad:

Several other college teams I hated (Auburn, Alabama, & Florida) was because I was born and raised in rural Georgia, so was brought up as a Dawg fan.

I don't hate the Packers, I hate Packer fans.

Why?

Have you ever seen a Packer fan?

It's not that I hate any particular team, it's just that there is only one team that matters is all of college football (Michigan Wolverines), there is only one team that matters is the NHL (Detroit Red Wings), and there is only one team that matters in professional baseball (Detroit Tigers). All other teams are equally worthless and I am completely indifferent towards them.;)

P.S. I do hate Detroit Lions owners William Clay Ford and family. Scumbags!

I don't hate the Packers, I hate Packer fans.

Why?

Have you ever seen a Packer fan?

I feel the same way except that instead of the word Packers insert Raiders. I also hate Al Davis who is the main reason why that organization is what it is. He's the cancer that's destroyed that organization.

BillDel,

I'm sorry, but I never liked the Bruins.

This is from a competitive standpoint, not personal.

Keep in mind, Buffalo and Boston have been in the same division since day one. As a Sabre fan, you have to find a rival, and the Bruins were that.

Only time Sabres EVER beat them was "Mayday! Mayday!" in 1993.

IMO, Bruins playoff dissapointments don't crack the top 10 or top 20 of Boston sports disappointments/heartbreaks.

Don't forget the Spurs.

Watch 1st and 10 or SportsCenter next season or during next year's playoffs.

No, it's not even close to the teams I mentioned.

Perhaps you think they talk about the Spurs a lot since they've won 3 titles in the last 6 years, but ESPN doesn't care about markets like San Antonio.

In ESPN's eyes, they are a boring team outside of Mr. Eva Longoria.
Hardly any of the Spurs ever get arrested, and they don't really ever play like thugs.

BillDel,

I'm sorry, but I never liked the Bruins.

This is from a competitive standpoint, not personal.

Keep in mind, Buffalo and Boston have been in the same division since day one. As a Sabre fan, you have to find a rival, and the Bruins were that.

Only time Sabres EVER beat them was "Mayday! Mayday!" in 1993.

IMO, Bruins playoff dissapointments don't crack the top 10 or top 20 of Boston sports disappointments/heartbreaks.

I don't blame you, it's been a very underrated rivalry over the years.

I don't hate the Packers, I hate Packer fans. Have you ever seen a Packer fan?

I second that. I have two brother in laws (they are not related) that are Packer fans. One is a decent well educated man that pretty much keeps to himself and quietly roots for them. The other..........well, he is an uneducated idiot with a big mouth that won't stop. After the Colts won the Super Bowl he showed up at a family function with a Colts jersey on. When my son confronted him he said "I've always been a Colts fan." I've known the guy for over 30 years and never have heard him ever mention the Colts, Baltimore or Indianapolis. Go figure.

My hatered for the Celtics go back to the early 60s, I was a Chamberlin/76ers fan. Then in the 80s Larry Bird went there and being from Terre Haute, it was horriable around here. My hatered for the other Boston teams came in the early 70s when I was in the Air Force. I had the bad luck of being stuck with a bunch of New Englanders, in particular one idoit from Brockton, Ma that was pretty annoying when it came to the Red Sox, Bruins and Pats.

As for Indiana, it's also the fans you hate.

I think any neutral fan that watches ESPN for a week should come out hating the Red Sox, Yankees, Duke basketball and North Carolina basketball.

:)

You know, as much as I wouldn't blame a "neutral" fan for resenting the above (I admit I HATE Duke basketball....thank you Dukie Vitale) for all the attention they get, please think for a minute what these teams have in common.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)