Why does Dish seem to have more Provider Disputes?

I left Dish and we were very happy customers but my biggest gripe was the HD sports feed would cut off after the game and I like watching the post game shows.

As far as DVR's go- I came from a Hopper with Sling and I have a Genie HR-44 now. The Genie has some good things about it such as it's smaller, has a smaller remote, super fast guide scrolling. You can record 5 shows at a time, go back to the beginning of some shows if you've tuned in late.

However despite what's good about the Genie, I much prefer the Hopper with Sling because of:
1. Channel logos in the guide
2. Prime Time Any Time
3. Watch shows anywhere

My wife misses prime time anytime the most and will be glad when we get it back.

So yeah I'm stuck in a 2 year contract with D but will most likely switch back to Dish when my contract is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChadT41
NONE of that is documentation. Just repeats of a CBS statement. I want to see a list of what channels went down when.

NONE of that is documentation. Just repeats of a CBS statement. I want to see a list of what channels went down when.
Dish has had at least 11 disputes resulting in 121 stations going dark. To put that into perspective – according to NAB, Dish has been directly involved in one-third of all reported retransmission disputes with broadcasters resulting in TV blackouts.

Nope . You are the one supporting the claims. Justify your support. Then I can agree with you. And while you're at it, do a comparison with the other providers. Let's see the big picture.

Nope . You are the one supporting the claims. Justify your support. Then I can agree with you.
Just the four channels owners that I posted are 91 of the blacked out channels.

Turner CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, truTV, TCM, HLN, CNN en Espanol and Boomerang
Raycom 53 channels various broadcast networks in 18 states.
Medial General actually had 31 channels in their dispute since the combined with another ownership group.

its actually 91 channels that number has been updated as I did more research.
the point is Dish is the common denominator in all these channel blackouts.
As asked before, why not do a comparison of other providers? You are on a "bad, bad Dish" tear today.

Reactions: SomeDishGuy
As asked before, why not do a comparison of other providers? You are on a "bad, bad Dish" tear today.
That is why I pulled that info from the NAB(National Association of Broadcasters) which stated that Dish is involved in 1/3rd of the carriage disputes for all broadcasters.

And I am just calling a spade a spade.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
He's like that everyday, even though Dish is how he pays his bills. :coco
these contract disputes have killed my paychecks due to customer satisfaction issues over these contract issues.
also a good percentage of the internal tech is up in arms over this and other metrics that we have no control over but are graded over it and it hits our paychecks. Hence why Dish is seeing more and more shops becoming union shops.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Again, I give no credibility to the NAB. They are just lobbying/positioning on behalf of their station owner members.

Reactions: Tampa8
Again, I give no credibility to the NAB. They are just lobbying/positioning on behalf of their station owner members.
and you give credibility to the middle man companies ie dish direct or the cable company?
I dont read new reports about the broadcasters getting sued constantly and having to settle lawsuits left and right and this is for all the middle man retransmission companies.

these contract disputes have killed my paychecks due to customer satisfaction issues over these contract issues.
also a good percentage of the internal tech is up in arms over this and other metrics that we have no control over but are graded over it and it hits our paychecks. Hence why Dish is seeing more and more shops becoming union shops.

Dish and unions? If that's the case then I would bet that those Dish shops will become non-union sub-contractor shops.

Directv=. Viacom, TWC, RAYCOM, soon to be AMC just to name a few. That's atleast 77 right there in the first three I listed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts