Why does Dish seem to have more Provider Disputes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish and unions? If that's the case then I would bet that those Dish shops will become non-union sub-contractor shops.
Texas one of the most non union friendly states in the nation has shops becoming part of CWA. The company went on a firing spree and Dish got smacked by a federal labor judge over thier actions against these union shops.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
We have 80 without much effort on DTV. This is what happens when you compare. Dish isn't as bad as they first seemed to be. I'm sure if we actually researched this, we would find that there really isn't a huge difference, as different contracts expire. Especially if we do it over a, let's say 10 years span since it is multi year agreements, and I bet that it's just a revolving cycle between both companies.

Reactions: Tampa8 and KAB
Saying they dropped 120 channels makes ti sound bad but how many of these channels actually affect just one customer. Just because Dish lost a CBS affiliate and 40 markets were affect doesn't mean that a Dish customer just lost 40 channels. The reason I say this is because it's very misleading when you say Dish has dropped 120 over the last year. A person coming here to get some info may be very confused when they see that.

Doesn't DirecTV have just as many disputes with these O&O channels?

Saying they dropped 120 channels makes ti sound bad but how many of these channels actually affect just one customer. Just because Dish lost a CBS affiliate and 40 markets were affect doesn't mean that a Dish customer just lost 40 channels. The reason I say this is because it's very misleading when you say Dish has dropped 120 over the last year. A person coming here to get some info may be very confused when they see that.

Doesn't DirecTV has just as many disputes with these O&O channels?
You are 100% correct. You covered half of what we were saying, your other half of the argument(how many people affected) is even better. If we removed the local disputes from the records entirely, and only posted national disputes, as then that's how everyone would be affected, how many channels would be on the list?

You are 100% correct. You covered half of what we were saying, your other half of the argument(how many people affected) is even better. If we removed the local disputes from the records entirely, and only posted national disputes, as then that's how everyone would be affected, how many channels would be on the list?
Since 2013, maybe a dozen or so.

I left Dish and we were very happy customers but my biggest gripe was the HD sports feed would cut off after the game and I like watching the post game shows.

As far as DVR's go- I came from a Hopper with Sling and I have a Genie HR-44 now. The Genie has some good things about it such as it's smaller, has a smaller remote, super fast guide scrolling. You can record 5 shows at a time, go back to the beginning of some shows if you've tuned in late.

However despite what's good about the Genie, I much prefer the Hopper with Sling because of:
1. Channel logos in the guide
2. Prime Time Any Time
3. Watch shows anywhere

My wife misses prime time anytime the most and will be glad when we get it back.

So yeah I'm stuck in a 2 year contract with D but will most likely switch back to Dish when my contract is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're just used to the service and equipment you started with

Just like me with Directv and would probably be weird learning the channel numbers among other things
If I was to switch to Dish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Just a few channels that I can recall Dish dropping in the past few years.

Cnn
Cnni
Hln
Cn
Cnw
Boom
Tru
Local channel wbtv
Amc
We
Sun
Ifc
Fx
Natgeo
Natgeo wild
Twc
O&o fox
Speed

Those are just some I can recall,because they are channels that affected my families viewing.I know there have been plenty more,but that is a significant list imho.Again,I have no problem with Dish taking a stand,my issue is that we still get huge increases every year,whats the point if it there is no major cost savings.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Cnn
Cnni
Hln
Cn
Cnw
Boom
Tru
Local channel wbtv
Amc
We
Sun
Ifc
Fx
Natgeo
Natgeo wild
Twc
O&o fox
Speed

Those are just some I can recall,because they are channels that affected my families viewing.I know there have been plenty more,but that is a significant list imho.Again,I have no problem with Dish taking a stand,my issue is that we still get huge increases every year,whats the point if it there is no major cost savings.

Speed was converted to Fox Sports 2 so it wasn't dropped.

Speed was converted to Fox Sports 2 so it wasn't dropped.

No speed was dropped during the Fox dispute,that was entirely different dispute.

I left Dish and we were very happy customers but my biggest gripe was the HD sports feed would cut off after the game and I like watching the post game shows.

As far as DVR's go- I came from a Hopper with Sling and I have a Genie HR-44 now. The Genie has some good things about it such as it's smaller, has a smaller remote, super fast guide scrolling. You can record 5 shows at a time, go back to the beginning of some shows if you've tuned in late.

However despite what's good about the Genie, I much prefer the Hopper with Sling because of:
1. Channel logos in the guide
2. Prime Time Any Time
3. Watch shows anywhere

My wife misses prime time anytime the most and will be glad when we get it back.

So yeah I'm stuck in a 2 year contract with D but will most likely switch back to Dish when my contract is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be very careful, I wouldn't call DTV and ask them the time of day. Everything you do with them extends your contract 2 years. You can't even change programming w/o extending you contract for 2 years.

Reactions: bigjohnok
No speed was dropped during the Fox dispute,that was entirely different dispute.

What I remember was when FOX did the Speed/FS2 conversion
It was still under contract so FOX couldn't negotiate a price for several provider's, at the time

Although I also remember that FOX did wanted to charge Dish for it's CF games
And made a deal that included having FS2 in HD.

Be very careful, I wouldn't call DTV and ask them the time of day. Everything you do with them extends your contract 2 years. You can't even change programming w/o extending you contract for 2 years.
Stop trying to spread manipulation
Changing programming doesn't add
2 year commitment.

Cnn
Cnni
Hln
Cn
Cnw
Boom
Tru
Local channel wbtv
Amc
We
Sun
Ifc
Fx
Natgeo
Natgeo wild
Twc
O&o fox
Speed

Google search DISH provider disputes and check out the wikipeida site for more details .

Cnn
Cnni
Hln
Cn
Cnw
Boom
Tru
Local channel wbtv
Amc
We
Sun
Ifc
Fx
Natgeo
Natgeo wild
Twc
O&o fox
Speed

Well, Directv lost 19 Viacom channels, plus Weather Channel....and a pending lost of 4 AMC channels. So, over time, they are pretty equal.

Lets not go overboard here. You sound like the people that say Dish drops channels every week when you do this. :D

Reactions: dare2be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts