Why does the Voom STB exactly like this?

Dude, why do you still care? arent you watching Dish now, go post in their forum, nobody cares what you have to say , Troll

I am till tommorow. :) If Voom gets the act together within the next couple of months I could always reconsider.

They don't match. Can't you see that this box says StarChoice on the front, while Voom's box says Voom. I mean, it can't get any more in your face than that, can it? Besides, the remotes are different.

The starChoice box is not MPEG4/WM9 upgradeable... The VOOM box was made custom made with the purpose of upgrading to MPEG4/WM9.

Guys, let's not be rough on Rex. Rex I would not disconnect if I were you.

Sean Mota said:
Guys, let's not be rough on Rex.

It's probably fatigue from seeing him whining here as much as he does *and also* signing up with other DBS/AV forums just to start "Voom Sucks" threads wherever he can.

Sean Mota said:
The starChoice box is not MPEG4/WM9 upgradeable... The VOOM box was made custom made with the purpose of upgrading to MPEG4/WM9.

Has Voom said what it'll take to upgrade the box to mpeg/wm9? Firmware upgrade? New module?

barth2k said:
Has Voom said what it'll take to upgrade the box to mpeg/wm9? Firmware upgrade? New module?

If I remember correctly it cannot be done by firmware upgrade alone. It requires a new module.

I think it is the PCMCIA looking slot on the side. Nice that they have that expansion capability. I would like to see us use the USB with a USB to Ethernet adaptor to let us connect via IP instead of phone line for reportback. I so happen to have that adaptor laying around!!

vurbano said:
It would be nice if vooms box displayed the time or channel number like the picture of the dsr500

I've wondered why there is no clock or anything for that matter displayed on the Voom box. Clock would be really nice.

Pete In Plano said:
I think it is the PCMCIA looking slot on the side. Nice that they have that expansion capability. I would like to see us use the USB with a USB to Ethernet adaptor to let us connect via IP instead of phone line for reportback. I so happen to have that adaptor laying around!!

I agree Pete. However The thing I would most like to see is this box give way to the new VOOM DVR!!!!
and the world would be a bette place for youuu aannnnddd Meeee, Just wait and SEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)