Why doesn’t a DTV subscription give you access to directv stream?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No one complains about the Directv Stream PQ.. Where do you come up with this crap? The very broad consensus is the PQ is alot better than Directv.. Which makes sense because the Bit Rate is almost double
I am so frustrated. We signed up for DirectTV streaming in order to get the sports channel that plays our local hockey team's games. Every single time I go to watch a game, the screen freezes up multiple times during critical game play and then when it comes back on I've missed important parts of the game (ie: like somebody scoring a goal!!!!!). I can sit here and watch hours and hours of other content and never have a problem. Our internet connection is rock solid and I don't have this problem with other services like Netflix and YouTube, etc... This even happens while watching recorded games.

I am about ready to tell ATT to stick this service where the sun doesn't shine. I have better things to do with my $85 a month I am throwing away for this crappy service. We had YouTube TV for years and never once had a problem like this.
FROM A USER ON THE DTC FORUMS

No one complains about the Directv Stream PQ.. Where do you come up with this crap? The very broad consensus is the PQ is alot better than Directv.. Which makes sense because the Bit Rate is almost double
The app seems to be constantly buffering during programs. I'm trying to watch the Dolphins game on CBS, and the app is buffering. When it returns, the program is in Spanish. This happened last night while watching the Heat on a different channel. It buffers during other programs. It is very annoying. We are constantly going to the Guide Menu and going back to the channel.
ANOTHER POST FROM A DTV STREAM USER

Have had DTV stream for a few weeks, only switched from Youtube tv to get Regional Sports Network. I am already regretting it. Several times a day, whether watching "Live" or from Library, the sound just drops to a barely audible level, or EVEN WORSE, the sound starts to "chatter", or screams out static. The LAST STRAW: tried to watch the CMA Awards last night; the first 30 minutes were a disaster, nothing but cracking static. If I go to You tube, I can watch the intro and 1st 30 minutes with perfect sound. How do I know this is a DTV stream problem?

1. Never had a similar problem when using Youtube tv.

2. Don't encounter the problem when watching a different streaming service.

3. AND MOST SIGNIFICANT, if I back the show up 30 seconds and then start to play, again, the problem does not reoccur.

Anyone else encountering this? It's getting so bad that I am about to dump DTV stream and just watch hockey on espn+.

None of whatever you are posting says anything about PQ.. I would venture to say are device related issues Just go back to using your old username Krel

Reactions: RaiderPower
I just used directv sat and no issues .

Too many variable with streaming stuff and not everyone has good or reliable broadband...

But thats just my opinion ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)