Why I think baseball is a better game now than in the old days

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hated when they went to this 3 division system because those games where the Dodgers and Reds would play were great. The old West division was a great division.
That old rivalry in the 70's between the big red machine and the Dodger's great picthing staff and their 4 big hitters (Baker, Cey, Garvey, Smith). Seemed like any year one of those teams was going to the playoffs. Better rivalry than the Giants and Dodgers.

You misinterpreted me.

I never said I liked the late start times.

I was just pointing it out as one of the complaints about baseball today.

As for the D.H.

You're a Tigers fan. Who would you rather have at the plate with the bases juiced (not literally): Sheffield or a pitcher?

I'm sorry, but all a hitting pitcher is good for is killing rallies.

You see Sheffield hit lately? I'll take a pitcher for now.

I want to say something about the so-called intra-state rivalries.

They do not exist. We just went through Reds-Indians here and I can not think of anybody that cares. In fact, the only non-California inter-league rivalry is SOOOOOOO important that baseball put the Phillies and Pirates in the different divisions. The Indians, a city based team, and the Reds, a regional team located in a "tri-state" area with legitimate claims to regional fans in at least three other states, play one another. So what? Cincinnati isn't even the closest other big league city to Cleveland (Pittsburgh is, and Detroit is closer also). And both those "rust belt" cities have much more in common with Cleveland than Cincinnati does. Some of the two teams' fans have the same color liscense plates. So what.

I also want to talk about the so-called "going home" series. The Braves "return" to Boston. The Braves left Boston as a business failure in 1953, meaning a person would have to be at least 65 to even have a childhood memory of Boston as a two team town. The last team to move before Montreal was Washington to Dallas in 1973. That was thirty years ago, and they don't even do Rangers @ Nationals.

No one cares.

I hated when they went to this 3 division system because those games where the Dodgers and Reds would play were great. The old West division was a great division.

I agree, I stayed up many nights listening to the transistor radio to catch the Reds and Dodgers on WLW with Marty and Joe :D

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts