Why I was thinking of leaving DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ahh! The obligatory idiot response to anybody complaining about Dish. Good one. You really got him.
Ah yes. I can only strive to provide such fact-filled, thought-provoking, and rational replies as yours. Thanks for providing such a fine model for which I can aspire.

And since you are reading-impaired, I will point out that my response was not to him supposedly defending Dish, as he was doing no such thing in the post I replied to. I was merely pointing out the illogic of his statement about a particular channel.

Last edited:
Because it is a movie channel. The shows you mention only take up maybe five hours of their programming week. Unless you want to count the endless repeats of those shows. It's still basically a movie channel with a few supposedly acclaimed tv shows. Only one I found interesting is Hell on Wheels. That I watch without AMC or Amazon.
But, those are the shows people want to watch, not commercial-laden movies. Do you think anybody was upset that they won't be able to see an eviscerated edit of The Sting, interrupted every 5 minutes with 5 minutes of commercials?

Re: Why I'm leaving DISH

Ah yes. I can only strive to provide such fact-filled, thought-provoking, and rational replies as yours. Thanks for providing such a fine model for which I can aspire.

Not for nothing, but this is better? ;) (or my response to it for that matter)

Also, did I miss something? The post you quoted did not quote you for response. He quoted boba in that post.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Just someone who wants something for nothing. You mean you hated Dish so bad you could'nt go out and buy your own Roku?
I have a feeling you will be changing your service a lot over the years no matter who you are with. Good Luck!

ive got a little some thing i wood like two say in raygards to this suvject but it was so long that i went a head and potsted it in windows and cpy and and passe it here:

no i meant to post it but it dose not look as dough it went threw. it just sad that i thank we all have things we have to thank abot as we look tord the fushure. no joke or harm ment. not terribley good with computer.

Oh hell, I am going to ask anyway. Pink Passion?

I ask now because why would you think you had done something wrong with me asking that?

Very telling.

BengalsFan24 said:
no i meant to post it but it dose not look as dough it went threw. it just sad that i thank we all have things we have to thank abot as we look tord the fushure. no joke or harm ment. not terribley good with computer.

You're probably right. But as we prepare for our individual futures whether or not we get a particular TV station shouldn't weigh heavily on the list. If a provider doesn't meet needs you can move on without much worry.

I'm really glad I had the opportunity to post my comments here and read all the thoughtful comments, complete with their numerous spelling and grammar errors. Your advice has indeed set me straight. I know now that if I subscribe to USA Today and it starts showing up one day with the sports section missing, I should be happy when the subscription department tells me that they'll be sending me a Kindle so I can go and download the sports section from Amazon (and pay for it each and every time I do so). In fact, your collective advice came in handy just this morning, when I ordered pancakes for breakfast and was served a plate of eggs and hash browns with an IHOP coupon on the side. Did I mention the nearest IHOP was 30 miles away? LOL
Thanks to Mary at DISH for checking into the missing Roku; I really appreciate your help. If it shows up soon, I'll stick with DISH until I've purchased enough shows to use up the cash value of the promos they've thrown my way. Ideally though, it would be nice if DISH would simply end their pissing match with the ZOOM folks and put the deleted channels back up. They've lost every court battle and every appeal; isn't it really just time to stop with the revenge tactics and give the subscribers what they paid for?

I am glad you shared why you were thinking of leaving. I feel it's better for someone to say why so the company knows why and maybe can fix the issues.

I am sorry so people are mean with some of their comments. They don't understand my reasoning of why I think it's important for consumers to share their opinions.

A good customer is one who lets the company what they are doing wrong, a bad customer is one who says nothing and takes their business elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

but for those of us that spend so much time at home in the day time and night time it can be relly meningful to get the rite chanels that you want. im on welcome so the lost of amc defenately afected me but i was plaesed with the replacemant in hdnet movie. i watch a lot of tv not disagreeing im not here to do that but i believe we all mite want something diferent.

Yep.

And we all know, or should know, ahead of time that there can and will be programming changes. And that we may be stuck in a contract. All part of the decision making process. And when it hits home, we should certainly protest. Some protests may be more effective than others, however.

It's easy for me to see AMC and any sports or Disney disappear. I don't watch them. But if I lost Project Runway on the wife beater channel, or the Military Channel or the History channel, I'd be looking for other sources of that programming. Including FiOS.

Yes.........with Dish.........everyone should be aware of the possible loss of programming, because it happens a lot. Other providers have disputes, but most are short lived & the programming is restored, but not with Dish

yet, our monthly charges continue to rise............especially the premium channels & the sports package. If you don't watch AMC, Disney, ESPNNews or ABC family then you don't care that these were provided in HD & not they aren't. Those that have kids or enjoy those channels do have a right to complain

yet, our monthly charges continue to rise............especially the premium channels & the sports package.
DISH has not had an increase in its core programming packages for two year now. But yes the premiums keep going up... in fact HBO is going up another $2 a month. :(

Scott Greczkowski said:
DISH has not had an increase in its core programming packages for two year now. But yes the premiums keep going up... in fact HBO is going up another $2 a month. :(

At that rate, it will pay to wait for HBO series to be put out on DVD or Bluray. Some of the same movies play on Max and play a lot. The premiums are nice to get free from time to time or for a penny a year even if you watch one movie on it. My guess is that AEP would get an increase; otherwise, it would be an incentive to sub to AEP.

A good customer is one who lets the company what they are doing wrong, a bad customer is one who says nothing and takes their business elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one. Many customers just don't want to waste their time on complaining if they perceive it will fall on deaf ears. My opinion is based on my experience with customer satisfaction classes for General Motors service customers. We were taught that every customer with an issue had the possibility of telling 3 to 4 other people about their experience. Those people in turn tell more people and the possible current and potential customers affected by the one incident has the possibility of being huge.

We were told to allow a customer have their initial rant(as long as it didn't become vile or dangerous) and then calmly tell them what we intended to do to correct the situation and seek their approval of our planned corrective actions. If we handled these situations in this fashion it was proven we rarely lost a customer, silent or vocal.

Now as for Dish, to me personally, I never know what I am going to get as a response to an issue. I have dealt with CSR's that were a complete joy to talk to even if they could not fix an issue. I have also ran into CSR's that are clueless. And every contact I have had with the DIRT team was great in my opinion.

Im with you, its not worth paying for HBO anymore... first all the good shows are gone... but even when they have something good I can watch it free since they seem to have a HBO free preview every few months.

That reminds me I should log in and cancel HBO now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)