WHY IS 103 BEING SO DIFFICULT?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeinBaja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
San Diego area (CA)
Have been messing around all day with a fixed dish for 103 (due to the odd skew). I can get the "aim my dish" TPs great (70+Q) but then adjust the skew another -26 degrees = NADA. Tried blind, detailed blind, PID scan, manual entry of all the TP data - still NADA. The FEDEX channels & MS blind in just fine.

Are these "odd" TPs weaker than the others? Any "tricks".

the H side of the satellite (the NBC feeds) are at lower power since NBC uses 15 foot dishes ;)
the 26 degree skew you take into effect along with the "normal" skew....so as example here in Minneapolis the skew is 7 (if standing in front of the dish facing it it would be 7 counterclockwise). Then its 26 the opposite way (so 19 to the right)

edit: for San Diego it says skew should be -46 to the right...I guess because for you its east of you the skew gets added or something...weird
did some more looking at NY 101W is skew of 28 but 103 is skew of 3 so I guess its 26 to the right of what the skew "normally" would be

the H side of the satellite (the NBC feeds) are at lower power since NBC uses 15 foot dishes ;)
the 26 degree skew you take into effect along with the "normal" skew....so as example here in Minneapolis the skew is 7 (if standing in front of the dish facing it it would be 7 counterclockwise). Then its 26 the opposite way (so 19 to the right)

edit: for San Diego it says skew should be -46 to the right...I guess because for you its east of you the skew gets added or something...weird
did some more looking at NY 101W is skew of 28 but 103 is skew of 3 so I guess its 26 to the right of what the skew "normally" would be

I had calculated -47 using lat/long so that is really close. Might need to try a bigger dish since the TP power is low. Was a nice day to be on the roof of the beach house anyway today - high 70's and the bikini's were out in full force. :)

I have a 90cm Geosat Pro dish here near Denver and I can get the transponder that has the west and mountain feeds just fine.

But the east one is a pain. Even correcting for the skew makes it where it breaks up or is mia at times depending on if there's clouds. I've spent HOURS trying to dial in the east feed - used different LNB's, etc.

So I'm thinking a 1.2 m dish would be best for these feeds.

90cm all 3 feeds fine here in Socal.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

what size dish?

I can get Mountain and West on a 76 just fine

Mountain and West seem to be considerably more powerful than East and Central. Either that or there is adjacent interference. I can tune East and Central on a 90CM, but not reliably. Because of that, I've been mainly using the Mountain feed and occasionally the West feed for the Olympics.

How Are you getting S-2 signals on a 76CM Dish?

I dont understand what you're asking

As long as you have the right equipment (that can handle DVB-S2) and enough signal to decode it you can view S2. I get Louisiana PBS on 87W, Florida Channel (once in a while..very weak signal) on 87W, NBC on 103W, and a bunch of PBS on 125W just fine with the 76cm dish

Seems like KU Band DVB-S2 is easier to get than C-Band where alot of the S2 you need a bigger than 6 foot dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)