why is dish not adding hd channels?

What are we talking about, advances in fiber technology or the rollout of fiber to all homes? I never said that fiber technology won't make advances, all I've said it won't make the penetration levels that you're saying. Show me some facts that it shows ANY company saying they're going to roll out fiber to all their customers for the entire country. Hell, just show me something that says Version is going to roll out FIOS to all their customer premises.
I know of places that don't even have Verizon DSL yet.

I know of places that don't even have Verizon DSL yet.
Yeah, I'm one and I'm fairly close to Washington DC inside the beltway. This neighborhood is 28,000 ft from our CO, so of course nobody offers DSL here. Verizon has been teasing me for years with the "FIOS is HERE" direct mail campaign. FIOS is not here. :mad: One might suppose that Verizon would have a clue about which neighborhoods really really need it and go here first. Not a chance. Wealthy neighborhood too.

FIOS is not going to kick anyone's butt, let alone DirecTV, until they get their act together. Recently they have run out of receivers, then they tried to be slick and not give up the promised 19 in. HDTVs. Give me good ol; reliable DirecTV!!

Dish is in the process of realigning ALL its satellites and carriages.

When it is finished a much more logical and operable system will be beneficial to all.

Just throwing up more channels now would require them all to be moved and dishes exchanged, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts