Why is EI cheaper from cable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
My latest eBill from D* arrived yestarday. (4) installments of $44.75 ($179).
Today I got a newsletter from Time Warner (my cable broadband provider). They are advertising $169 for the season.

D* owns the MLB EI contract and sells distribution rights to the cable ops. I realize it's only $10, but it doesn't seem right that D* subs should pay more for it.

A call to customer service didn't give me any answers, other than confirming that HD games are included in the base price (for HD subscribers).

I believe you are actually getting a lot more game feeds from D* (both home & away), and A LOT more of the games in HD. So you are getting a better product with D*.

With Direct you will be getting over 80 games per week, you will be lucky to get half of that with many cable companies (some will give you UP to 80/week).

In HD, you will be lucky to get 10 HD games/week on cable; on Direct you will get over 40 games in HD through EI per week.

Direct also gives you the game mix channel and cable does not.

For $10 more or 6% more, you will be getting A LOT more than 6% more programming. If anything, Direct is the better deal.

D* has exclusive rights to the EI package too ????

I didn't know that, EI has been on other providers for quite some time now.

Don't get it mixed up with the NFL ST package, which D* DOES have exclusive rights to.

I would think that the cable co. would be able to price it where ever they want to knowing what D*'s price is, it would be smart for them to be a bit cheaper.
But like other have said, D* covers many more games in HD.

Jimbo

if you want to watch alot of games in hd then the $10 extra is a bargain.the cable ei is worthless if you want hd. i would rather pay directv $200 for theres then pay $100 for cables ei

I believe you are actually getting a lot more game feeds from D* (both home & away), and A LOT more of the games in HD. So you are getting a better product with D*.

I really enjoy this feature. Getting to hear the different announcers and see local commercials from those regions adds to the whole wonderful MLBEI experience. Cables version of EI for me was poor picture quality and a short list of games. Add the sports pack for pre & post game shows, baseball nuts like me are in their glory.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)