Why is it so hard to get local's mapped

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MichaelC

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 22, 2004
MA
I've talked to different Csr's about adding two channels to my program guide. Both gave different reasons why not. Why can't they just click a button on the mouse to fix it?

MichaelC said:
I've talked to different Csr's about adding two channels to my program guide. Both gave different reasons why not. Why can't they just click a button on the mouse to fix it?

There are two steps in doing this. First VOOM need to ask Tribune to add your local to the guide data. Then the data needs to be added to the motorola box software so that the correct mapping is recognized. Both of these steps take time to do. Send me an email to Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us with your full address and the channels you are missing. I will put the request for you. I do not guarantee that it will be take one or two days. Some people have gotten their mapping corrected while others are still waiting. If you call CSRs, they will tell you every sort of story why you would not get your mapping corrected. I do not know who or how they came to their conclusion of the FCC which is nonsensical to any imaginable intelligence.

It shouldn't take as long as it has. There are far to many middle people. If satellite companies can send authorizations instantly then they should be able to add (or remove) a channel instantly.

I mean, come on, really, all we as subs should have to do is tell VOOM the digital channel number of the station, the CSR enters say ch.25 on the computer and instantly a ch.25 shows up in the guide minus channel mapping, call letters, and program info/listing, until they get around to programming the other data.

Rather than have people wait for who knows how long to watch their local channels why don't VOOM just open up every OTA channel. Sure there won't be any guide info, but at least you would be able to watch them until the new software comes out (probably sometime next summer).

My request was a "simple" DMA change from 0150 to 0021. It shouldn't take weeks to acomplish this, it should have been an instant change when the installer told them it was the wrong set of locals! When I was activated they instantly put in 0150, if they can instantly put in 0150 then they can instantly change it to 0021 without consulting with Tribune.

How many times does one have to make a request to get the correct channel map???

1. My Installer on the day of installation, which said it would be done overnight.
2. Sean Mota 2 days after instalation.
3. One week after installation VOOM CSR said it was noted on my account on the day of installation and she would put a "rush" on it.
4. 12 days after installation an e-mail from VOOM says they will foward it to the appropriate people!!!

I'm getting really tired of lugging the OTA STB from the Living Room to the Bed Room and back just to watch the locals.

Sorry to get so upset, but how VOOM is handling locals is pathetic. Had I known the tuner was useless and I wouldn't receive the channels I had before I would had bought a new OTA STB to go with the VOOM STB.

bryan,

I know how you feel and you have a right to it. But the Motorola box does not work like that. CSRs only have control to satellite channels not local channels. That depends pretty much on the database that it is already in the stb. Every OTA digital stb has the same database and it takes the same amount of effort for any manufacturer to do the same changes if the broadcasters decide to change the local data. I know I have been saying to hold everyone's breadth for the new software but I can say that a lot of these frustrations will be resolved when it is finally released.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)