Why no AMC HD? (Now Live Sept 9th)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Q. Have you watched anything on AMC since it went HD ?

Everyone's complaining about wanting this channel and that channel, but when it gets here, it's not watched, very little at most ....

The way I look at it, if you don't WATCH the channel before it goes HD, theres probably not much on it that your really interested in.
I suspect many will tune in while the HD is new to it and then fade away after that ....

Is a channel that has only 2 programs that many like, worth going HD if those two shows are the only time people watch that channel ?

I'll say it this way, it is the only channel that had shows good enough (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and to a lesser extent The Killing) that I would watch them in SD.

If many people were watching them in SD, then it should be added in HD.

Add in the compeitition factor, that most competitors have it in HD, and it is a popuplar (top 25 type) cable channel, and has been for many years, yes, it is a good add in HD.

And to acknowledge your first point, no, I have not watched it yet. But I will watch it this evening at 10, or record from it anyway.

OK it is this reporting period:

Total Day Average Viewers
Week  of August 29 - September 4, 2011

NICK 1,906
DSNY 1,583
ADSM 1,311
USA 1,229
NAN 1,198
TNT 1,098
TOON 1,097
FOXN 993
ESPN 927
TBSC 856
HIST 807
A&E 783
FX 732
TRU 660
HGTV 639
MTV 630
NKJR 623
FOOD 622
FAM 579
AMC 574
LIFE 566
DISC 564
SPK 554
ESP2 529
TLC 513

Looks like we got AMC in HD this morning according to their online/info mail service. It hasn't showed up in my guide yet but I doubt it's a tease. It could be my equipment anyway, my HR22's have been acting up lately since this last national software release came through....missing guide info (fixed after a full Sat setup) & no free-view on Sunday Ticket yesterday. Anyway....looks like some good news as AMC & TCM needs to be in HD.

Looks like we got AMC in HD this morning according to their online/info mail service. It hasn't showed up in my guide yet but I doubt it's a tease. It could be my equipment anyway, my HR22's have been acting up lately since this last national software release came through....missing guide info (fixed after a full Sat setup) & no free-view on Sunday Ticket yesterday. Anyway....looks like some good news as AMC & TCM needs to be in HD.

hhhmmmm did you have a fav set that did not have those channesl?
i had to go into fav and add amchd

and then turned on all channels for nfl ticket channels

Looks like we got AMC in HD this morning according to their online/info mail service.
If you go back a few pages, you'll find that AMC HD was added Friday morning at 6am EST. The guide info should have been there by Saturday morning if not earlier.

Well, darn it! I thought I had this channel, because I watched all of "The Walking Dead" episodes last year. But I must have watched them before I downgraded to Select. There's only three channels in the next package up that I would watch: AMC, Bravo, and SyFy (only a little bit). Hard to justify paying another $16/mo for those three. If I could pay an extra $3/mo for just AMC HD, I would.

Well, darn it! I thought I had this channel, because I watched all of "The Walking Dead" episodes last year. But I must have watched them before I downgraded to Select. There's only three channels in the next package up that I would watch: AMC, Bravo, and SyFy (only a little bit). Hard to justify paying another $16/mo for those three. If I could pay an extra $3/mo for just AMC HD, I would.

$ 16 difference between packages ?

I did catch a few minutes of Top Gun last night on AMC with movie notes (kind of like pop up obscure info) did not know that Tim Robbins played the character fighter pilot "Merlin" in the opening scene

And saw a some of the Rocky marathon they were showing as well

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)