Why No Florida Fox Sports

lou_do

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005
Central Maine
Why No Florida Fox Sports?

Can anyone tell me why Brighthouse, in the Central Florida area, doesn't carry Fox Sports Florida? I have called them asking about it several times and the only answer I get is, "Yes we don't carry it, but I will pass your request for it onto our management". Brighthouse customers are getting short changed on Florida Professional Sports.

I have given up on Brighthouse and had to subscribe to DirecTV to see the Marlins & Panthers. I am sure a lot of others have or will be switching to DirecTV or Dish because of the lack Florida Fox Sports Network.

Because they suck in that aspect.

Yes it's really lame in a lot of us have bitched and complained.

FSN and SUn sports are supossed to be shuffling their teams around to make bhn carry fsn fl. The want to move the magic to fsn florida and will move the devil rays to sun sports, having the magic on fsn florida will make bhn cfl to carry fsn florida

one of the reasons i still have my dish is because they have the regional sports nets, including fsn florida (although, i don't understand why i don't get the panthers. i got the marlins this past summer).

although, i haven't asked lately, my source told me early last year, that brighthouse was in negotiations for fsn florida. totally unsat!!

i'm rembering why i first went to directv. it was when sun sports terminated their contract with bhn and it took forever for them to patch it up. meanwhile, i watched the magic for almost 2 months on my dish.

the nhl and nba have different territories than the mlb.

The MLB allows the whole state to see both the marlins and devil rays

The nba only allows the magic north / heat south
the nhl is same thing with lightning north / panthers south

but since directv is national, i can watch the heat and magic on sun sports, where on cable, i can only watch the magic. it should work the same way with the panthers on fsn. as far as i know, they don't have territories.........so the entire state should be fair game!!

you're not supposed to be able to watch both the heat and magic, something must be glitched, or else you subscribe to NBA league pass

BFG said:
you're not supposed to be able to watch both the heat and magic, something must be glitched, or else you subscribe to NBA league pass

The NBA Package still may be in the Freeview mode, that is why he sees both. I can't get the Heat normally, only the Magic. I would rather see the Heat any day. The should change that so if the team is in the state you can see either one. Maybe we will get lucky and the Magic will move somewhere else and we will be able to see the Heat games.

There could be some small areas in central / south Florida where the Heat and Magic territories overlap. It's just that the NBA and NHL overlaps are usually small, while MLB has *huge* overlaps, such as all of Connecticut qualifying for Mets / Yankees / Red Sox, Iowa qualifying for 5 teams, and Las Vegas qualifying for 6 (!) MLB teams.

Edit - actually looking at http://www.maplenet.net/~trowbridge/rsnteams.htm (warning - may be out of date) shows no overlaps between Heat - Magic or Panthers - Lightning territories. All of Florida can see both the Marlins and Devil Rays except in the Tampa and Miami areas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)