Why no On Demand?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
DishSubLA said:
The interface has been changed to one that IS organized by channels some time ago. You should see that today. If not, then I guess you have not received the update. I should say that this update was for 722 and 722K, but I don't know if the 622 or 612 have also received it.

My 612 doesn't show this either. Sounds nice, though.

I have the VIP211. It has an ethernet port but Ive YET to find a reason why it is there.

In your instance, the Ethernet connection simply allows access to interactive features such as DISH Home, programming changes from the remote, and PPV orders. The 211 does not have access to DOD (no hard drive).

While I will admit that I, at one point, had a competitor and their layout and content was nice. I will say that I paid (through the teeth) for it. Interestingly enough, when I first started with DISH Network, DOD was not available at all, and over the past year and a half it went from nothing to something pretty nice. Where once there was not, now there is. I know that the drive to improve DOD is huge and in the future it will only get better. While bandwidth limitations may apply and the Ethernet connection provides some content via downloads, I would not be surprised if somewhere down the line a software or hardware update couldn't supply ridiculous amounts of content streaming from the web. No word yet, but hey... It could happen! We got a box going the other way, right?

While bandwidth limitations may apply and the Ethernet connection provides some content via downloads, I would not be surprised if somewhere down the line a software or hardware update couldn't supply ridiculous amounts of content streaming from the web. No word yet, but hey... It could happen! We got a box going the other way, right?
Going the other way? Formerly could stream quickly, but now cannot at all or only slowly? :confused: Streams outbound a la Sling?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)