Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
When I use the search function on VOD it shows the channel, but when I look up the channel its not there..
Does DTV have any plans?

It comes up as channel 1000, which is the "general VOD' channel. If I had to guess they only throw the PPV reruns on there for that weekend. They don't have the actual WWE On Demand channel in the lineup.

It comes up as channel 1000, which is the "general VOD' channel. If I had to guess they only throw the PPV reruns on there for that weekend. They don't have the actual WWE On Demand channel in the lineup.

then why tease us?

At approx. $55 a pop for PPVs, D* would lose revenue if they would carry the WWE events VOD for free. Even WWE makes $$$ on DVD sets of older events. So why buy when you could watch it with a day/week delay free? The whole WWE concept hooks you with their Monday to Friday shows only to drop the PPV sinker on the critical matches at least once a month, and they are making a fortune on this method.

The On Demand service that WWE has is a monthly pay service with on demand that is available on some cable companies. Not sure if it could work with VOD, I really dont know. But if it was a monthly pay service I would think there would be intrest with some of the old school fans we have on the site. For those who are wrestling fans and may not know they have put up there library of footage from there company from years past which included old WCW, ECW and other librarys they have purchased.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts