Why should we pay anything for the 942, 622, 211?????

astrand1

Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
Hello there I just got Dish installed 2 days ago. I used to have dish years ago when you had to buy everything but I kinda thought things might have changed. I thought the satellite companies wanted to compete with cable? I just stopped my service with Comcast and turned in my 3 DUAL TUNER HD DVRs!! that I only had to pay $6 a month for. But Dish wants me to pay $250 for a 942 or now $299 for a 622?! what is that!!! And I can only have 1? I guess I just don't get why they make it so hard to get the equipment you want and then say they are better than cable! I would agree that overall the picture quality is better than cable on SD but HD is harder to tell the difference. Anyway I am so glad that I did not sign a contract!!! That keeps the ball in my court and we will see what deals come up on Feb 1st, if its not good then back to cable I go and they can come pickup all this crap!!

Seems like one of them look before you leap deals eh. I wish I could get cable in HD here because I understand what your saying.

And welcome to the forum

thanks, just found this forum last night with google. Yeah I mean Dish has some great deals and I do like UI on the dish boxes much better than on my cable system, but its just hard to pay that much for something I don't own!! But I will stand by and see what actually comes around on Feb 1. :)

Well you better make sure to read all the fine print, it almost seems hard to beleive you did not sign some type of commitment. If you did you have 3 days to cancel otherwise you pay an early termination penalty.

I thought you still had the option when you sign up. 18 month commitment if you want the 49.99 back, or no commitment but you don't get the 49.99 back.

C1787GJ said:
I thought you still had the option when you sign up. 18 month commitment if you want the 49.99 back, or no commitment but you don't get the 49.99 back.

I do not have a commitment. I believe you are correct.

C1787GJ said:

That is absolutely correct. The customer also does not receive the free DHPP (after $5.99 credits) for the first 18 months. This means that even though the equipment is leased, a service call is billed at $99 per trip if on-site service is warranted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)