Why signal strength is different for various Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

magnoan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Why some signals are weaker than others on various channels? they are all routed from same Sat, but various frequencies, why would the strength varies?

what is the best frequencie to peak my alignment to IA5 (would that be the weakest tp) :confused:

PS. I like to get a channel on :

Frequency: 11,874 MHz
D/L Polarity: Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 22.000 Msym

getting 22% on that Frequency

Thanks guys

They are all on different (TP.) transponders, thus the signal strength/quality varies. Its a good idea to get the best quality you can from the weakest signal then all the rest will be peaked perfectly.

Satellite transponder

Carrier signals are received by the satellite at a very low power levels because of the long distance traversed by the radiowaves. The satellite needs to significantly boost the power level of these signals before they are re-transmitted back to the earth to ensure that they are detectable by an earth-based receiver. This is achieved using a set of high power amplifiers on-board the satellite, where each amplifier operates over a defined frequency range.

The combination of equipment required to amplify carriers within a given frequency range is commonly referred to as a transponder. This equipment includes the high power amplifier (HPA) itself, as well as filters at the input and at the output of the amplifier to isolate the desired carriers from the carriers processed by other transponders. The frequency extent over which the amplifier operates is usually referred to as the transponder's usable bandwidth. Typical usable bandwidths are 33 MHz, 36 MHz and 72 MHz.

Thanks for the quick respond, so what Frequency do you think is the weakest signal on IA5 ? and I have a motor do I get the motor to find IA5 and than go on the roof and move the dish up and down .. or side to side? to get the best signal ?

PS. When I only have the dish pointed at IA5 with out the motor I get 99% quility with the motor the best I get is 65% ?

Thanks buddy

When using a motor you should have a better or equal signal quality as the dish and LNBF line up perfectly (skew) with the satellite. At your zero position (true south) make sure the LNBF is straight up and down and as the dish moves the skew will be bang on for each satellite position.

If your install is all good, then the only thing you should ever need to move is the dish elevation (up or down slightly) the motor elevation should never be touched. As for left and right (E and W) if you use DiSEqC 1.2 you can nudge the dish and store the position when you hit the sweet spot.

My weakest TP. on IA-5 is...

DFreq : 11786(V) SR : 25.000 Msps

great will give it a try ... by the way my body wants to install FTA system. will be using a pipe in the ground, any thoughts ... how long the pipe needs to be and what size ?

Thanks agian

If its going to be used for a SG2100 motor I use a 2" pipe, up here in MN. we have to go at least 3' deep with the pole (frost line). And keep the pole as short as you can above ground depending on line of sight to the satellite/s. I have seen a few installs recently with a motorized dish WAY up there swaying in the wind, keep the dish as low as you can and even better install it with a house/tree behind it to cut down on surface noise.

so I will set my reciver to My weakest TP, than go on the roof and move it up and down to get the best signal

I just took everything out and started agian .. my setup needed some change .. so everything is 90 degree now :)

My true south is AMC6 .... can anyone please scan it for me to see if there is any channels I can point my dish to ? or is there another way of pointing ur dish

Thanks guys ... I really think I got it this time ...

Not a lot on AMC-6 at the busiest times let alone right now. There seems to be to signals there right now that may help you aim the dish but don't expect a picture....

12058 H 13.021 S/R

11838 V 25.319 S/R

Hope this helps : )

great ... I will give it a try ...

should I try SBS 6 ?

if yes what's the ONN freq..

agin athanks dude .. ur the best

The above will work for pointing but if you want to use SBS6....

11740MHz(H) 6.616Msps for ONN

hmmm nothing on AMC 6 ...

how do u do it ... I have the Fortec Lifetime ULTRA!

it was working before I fixed the pipe to 90 degree .. now nothing ...

sorry .. what I mean is how do I get SBS6 to be my true south ? how do I set up the reciver (Fortec Lifetime ULTRA)

thanks

Guys .... hope all is well :)

I was out last week, didn't have a chance to set my dish to AMC 6, can someone please scan it and tell me whet freq should I set it up on ....

Thanks in advance :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)