This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Why some channels and not others?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
Lately i have been watching RTV on 87w cband freq 4000 with my 6 footer.The problem is on that mux i get around a 3rd of the channels and the rest no sig showing scrambled.I know that those channels are not scrambled from other reports here and my solomend sometimes will show a channel scrambled when its not.My question here is why dont all the channels come in when the Q and sig strength is the same on all the channels.

That would be a little hard from where you are located. Here in west central Indiana my 8 footer is only about 10 to 12 inches from touching the ground when I am on AMC7 or 8. It's not a geat signal, but it gets the job done.

Well, at least you get some of them. Nada here. Did come in for a few hours once. Thought it might 'be fixed', But no, they're gone. This time I think for good. (137W works though. Think this is true for quite a few)
Why some show as $ is a good "Q". Got no clue. Guess says weak signal, but only some streams in the mux makes no sense
I know my S9 blind scan will now and then say 'no channels found' when I know they are there. Scanning the TP will usually get them. (thinking while I type) Have you done a Transponder scan?

Thanks FAT I just did a rescan of the TP and now im getting all the channels. Its abit weird on getting this tp!many times when i first turn on the receiver theres a 10% Q then i move the dish a few clicks right or left then boom the sig comes in fine. Heres a pic

Status
Please reply by conversation.