Why tablets are not for everybody....

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Debatable but reasonable
Why I don't care very much about tablets anymore

Among the reasons:
What all magazine publishers produced... was a bloated, multitouch-enabled version of the exact same "new media" experience that used to ship on a CD-ROM under the name "multimedia." Seriously, I had a copy of Microsoft Encarta way back in the day, and I'm not seeing how any of the magazine content on the iPad radically improves on that.

Diogen.

And yet he uses one, an ipad, for the exact same reasons most other users do. For having a small portable content consumption device that can do a minimal amount of content creation. His only claim is that he is no longer "jazzed" with the concept of a tablet. In some cases it is the best tool for a variety of jobs but not the best tool for a specific job.

I think the argument of whether an ipad tablet like device is popular or not is behind us now. The sales growth of all ipad like tablet designs and concepts and interest is well documented a phenomenal success and paradigm shift of how the public views a computer to consume content. It validates the fact that most people don't need a laptop to do what they do. But they want a screen size bigger than a smart phone for web surfing and other content viewing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)