Why Update S329 is Needed...NOW

I just had a couple of weird happenings. First, my broadband connection didn't work. I just installed a new router yesterday and it was working fine, but I've been tinkering with the router a lot so I didn't think much of it. I rebooted the Hopper and it works now, so I really can't say if it was the router or a Hopper glitch, although I rebooted the router several times today and the connection was fine afterward.

Second, when I logged into Dish Anywhere this morning, instead of coming up on the last channel I had watched, it came up on the "you have a dish pointed at 61.5" channel. I thought that maybe this was because of the reboot, but I'm pretty sure it used to preserve the last-watched channel across reboots. But then it got weirder. When I went to the guide, I found that it thought it was really looking at not the last channel in the list, but the first one, one of my locals. I selected the second channel in the guide and I got the first channel in the guide. I selected the first one and I got the 61.5 channel again. I selected a much higher channel and suddenly it worked properly again.

Finally, this may not be new, I really don't remember, but does Dish Anywhere really have no way to access the favorites list from the Hopper? It seems as if it maintains its own favorites list. If this is the case, it's really stupid.

The favorites list is not imported from your Hopper at home. You can create your own while logged into Dish Anywhere by clicking on the heart icon next to the channel numbers.

If your streaming channel is stuck on the last channel or acting like you saw, I would clear your browser data or try another browser to make sure that isn't the cause.

OTA Module is broken in this update, at times the tuner displays a blank screen and reboots are required to bring it back alive. Also when the Hopper is recording, the hopper thinks itself as another device recording it. It has an identity crisis.

I have one hopper w/sling and no joeys. The hopper is connected directly to the TV with a HDMI cable and I have an OTA module attached.

I’m getting a lot of ripping, tearing and macro blocking of my Dish locals channels, OTA locals and cable channels are fine. Oddly the free preview channel (103) is also bad It also has audio drops in it.

I checked my signal strength : HD locals sat 129, spot beam 4 is 41 on all thee tuners.
Free preview channel (103) sat 110 transponder 2 is 71 on tuners 1 & 3, 2 shows 70.

The LiL video tearing is worse during action scenes , I switch to OTA for football, of course channel 103 is a static screen .
This all seamed to start about the time it updated to S328. I’m hoping the next update fixes this.

Now I can't get my upstairs HWS to recognize an EHD AT ALL. But it notes when I disconnect it. The other HWS recognized 2 EHDs, but wanted to reformat one. DECLINED. Later read it just fine.

Next Wednesday, eh? Well, I didn't need to be watching anything off that upstairs EHD anyway.

Such a great product, and such sloppy QA on updates.

One of my H2Ks keeps telling me I plugged in the Sling Adapter about twice a day. Annoying! It still works though. The other H2K is fine and the HwSs so far are alright as far as Sling. GUI crashes are rampant and overall this update has made me stop using my Hoppers as often. They really dropped the ball with this update! This is even worse than the S213 update was. Hopefully the next release will fix.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

The next update, scheduled to begin next Wednesday, appears to be confined to just fixing EHD problems.

Well, the upstairs HWS finally recognized the EHD. I'm transferring a movie now (that I already have a copy of) but it is going real slow, at about real time or slower.

Not a lot of time to develop and test those. But it sure would be nice if more was covered. And worked. And didn't break anything else.

I remember back in the VIP622 days 1 real bad update that was the worst ever, then the next one was almost perfect. Crossing fingers on the next one.

I guess that now is not the best time to upgrade to a Hopper system. The wife would freak out with all these issues on a two year old system.

Other than the cosmetics we have not really noticed any functional problems with that update. A few had real problems, but most of the very severe problems seemed to be EHD related. Overall it is a great system and my whole family is hooked. 2H/3J here.

OTA module bugs is a functional issue with the upgrade. Also the OnDemand/Blockbuster looks lackluster, ugly and not user friendly. I liked the old look better.

Seems like a lot of bugs in the software lately. Did the QA team go on vacation for the holidays at dish?

mine is

Bug in software . . .

Wont recognize my hard drive, yet I have a years worth of movies saved to it.
Wants to format it so I did.
Looks like I now lost everything as it started to format but got stuck, I waited for an hour.
Worse yet not it says DIsh must authorized external storage and to call this number.
Yet this is a Hopper there is not extra charge for this NOR DOES DISH need to authorize it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)