Why Update S329 is Needed...NOW

I hope they've stopped the rollout.

I favor a roll back to the previous software.
Have they ever done that ? If they did, what does that say about their "testers" ?

I haven't ran across anything really "broken", just mainly poorly done UI (flashing outline on the highlighted item in the DVR menu ?), poor-quality graphics, etc.

Have they ever done that ? If they did, what does that say about their "testers" ?

I haven't ran across anything really "broken", just mainly poorly done UI (flashing outline on the highlighted item in the DVR menu ?), poor-quality graphics, etc.

Read this thread, and this one we are posting in. And this one. AND this one. AND this one. Lot's broken. More yet to be discovered, no doubt.

I noticed a couple weeks ago I had an episode of something called "White Collar Brawlers" on the dvr. Didn't think much of it, figured the kids may have recorded it. This past week, same thing. Hmmm. Asked kids, nope, wasn't them. Flipping through my timers revealed nothing. Then it dawned on me, we record "White Collar" only new episodes on USA, and I believe that for some reason HWS now thinks they are the same show. Never happened before, so my guess it it's a software bug related to S328. Not really a big deal, but kind of amusing.

I noticed a couple weeks ago I had an episode of something called "White Collar Brawlers" on the dvr. Didn't think much of it, figured the kids may have recorded it. This past week, same thing. Hmmm. Asked kids, nope, wasn't them. Flipping through my timers revealed nothing. Then it dawned on me, we record "White Collar" only new episodes on USA, and I believe that for some reason HWS now thinks they are the same show. Never happened before, so my guess it it's a software bug related to S328. Not really a big deal, but kind of amusing.

Is it a regular timer selected from the guide or did you set a seek & record timer?

I noticed a couple weeks ago I had an episode of something called "White Collar Brawlers" on the dvr. ..., we record "White Collar" only new episodes on USA, and I believe that for some reason HWS now thinks they are the same show. Never happened before, so my guess it it's a software bug related to S328. Not really a big deal, but kind of amusing.
Unless you specifically ask for exact match, then any substring that matches is taken.
Look out for those that differ in a THE or OF of even a space.
So, I guess, this is not one you can blame on S328.
-Ken

Just shaking my head over this release. I've got to believe DirecTV is just rolling over laughing at the mess. Must of been one hell of a Crack party at Dish when this release was blessed... :mad:

Speaking from plenty of experience with both providers, Directv shouldn't be laughing about anything. They use monkeys as software engineers.

I hope the Hopper software people are reading this thread.

I'd bet they are!
clip_image001.gif

Tron great post! And great discussion also! I know Dish has made great strides with customer service with the DIRT team here and at the "other site". But I was thinking it would be great if Dish would have maybe one person from their software team signed up here at Satellite Guys as a user so they could "openly" monitor customer feedback and maybe reply to some of these topics once in a while. They could have an account with no PM or email (think Mark Cuban) so no one could bug them. Maybe they already do. But I sense a lot of frustration in the forums because sometimes even though we are told by Scott that they are monitoring, and they probably are, but because they never reply it feels like they're not and the same issue continues to be a problem forever and the only answer is "they know about it and they're working on a fix". Having a DIRT member (love the DIRT Team!!) say "I will submit your issue to the team" is not the same as having someone reply and say "We tried doing that but it caused more problems so we couldn't do it." Just a thought.

Well from reading this post at "the other site" I guess it is possible that the software team is reading here too.

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/209118-hopper2-s328-is-out/?p=3206025

Looks like Darlene has been a member there since 2007.

Read this thread, and this one we are posting in. And this one. AND this one. AND this one. Lot's broken. More yet to be discovered, no doubt.
Most of the issues, including the ones you linked to threads, are UI-related. Two of your links are DVR playback issues that are probably related. As for the external HDD issue, until 30 minutes ago, only one person has mentioned running into it.

Mind you, I'm not defending Dish or this update. The UI changes are the ones that I see and dislike the more I see them.... Are these changes considered "better" or improvements over the previous UI ? Obviously Dish thinks so ! :eek: I think I'll ask my wife and kids what they think for a non-geek opinion.

I've also responded to a few posts from other agravated Dish customers on the Dish support forum referencing the great information and observations here on this forum. Hopefully there have been some Dish eyeballs on those posts as well.

As for the external HDD issue, until 30 minutes ago, only one person has mentioned running into it.

I just posted on the other 238 thread. As I reported days ago, my EHD has not been recognized by the Hopper despite numerous hard and soft rests, EHD USB and power plug ins and outs. Enough is enough, DIRT team. We need these issues fixed. Please

I just posted on the other 238 thread. As I reported days ago, my EHD has not been recognized by the Hopper despite numerous hard and soft rests, EHD USB and power plug ins and outs. Enough is enough, DIRT team. We need these issues fixed. Please
Did you contact DIRT and request a "hit"?

As I posted in the other thread, my EHD reappeared tonight. And BTW, I had requested a "hit" (re-authorization?) as one of the first things.

I'm wondering if anyone else who has an OTA tuner is having issues since this update? In a week I've had to reset the HWS 3 times. Yesterday I couldn't tune to any of the OTA channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)