Why Was My Thread Deleted?(It wasn't, It was moved)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was asking if anyone had any ideas why my new 722 kept rebooting after 5 minutes of watching live tv? It's not a heat issue.

Newbie question here: Why is the Dish HD forum more appropriate then the Technical forum? To me being new, it seems the dish-hd forum is for discussing programming and the technical forum is for discussing hardware related issues. :confused:

I'm not sure Karri. My thread on the discussion of using the HomePlug protocol for IPTV connectivity was moved to the HD forum as well. This is depite the fact that the thread did not discuss HD at all, nor is HD programming even available via the Dish VOD stuff yet.

The only reasoning that anyone could provide was that only the HD receivers (VIP) support the HomePlug connectivity and therefore the thread belonged in the HD discussion instead of the technical forum.

That didn't make sense to me when I decided to open the thread in the Technical forum, and it didn't make sense to me after a moderator moved it. It should have stayed right here.

Renamed thread, here are the Sub Forum Descriptions...we have those that complain if we don't move and those that complain if we do... :)
clear.gif

Dish HD Discussions
Discussion of Dish Network High Definition equipment and services.

clear.gif

Dish Network - Technical Discussions
Technical Discussion of NON HD Dish Network equipment and service, including software release notes direct from Dish Network.

Renamed thread, here are the Sub Forum Descriptions...we have those that complain if we don't move and those that complain if we do... :)
clear.gif

Dish HD Discussions
Discussion of Dish Network High Definition equipment and services.

clear.gif

Dish Network - Technical Discussions
Technical Discussion of NON HD Dish Network equipment and service, including software release notes direct from Dish Network.

Will the HD software update stay in the tech discussions?

We are considering merging both subforums into one "Dish Technical Discussions" subforum in the future.
There is not much SD equipment left out there, so there is no need to make this SD vs. HD distinction any more.

We are considering merging both subforums into one "Dish Technical Discussions" subforum in the future.
There is not much SD equipment left out there, so there is no need to make this SD vs. HD distinction any more.

Sounds good to me.

Newbie question here: Why is the Dish HD forum more appropriate then the Technical forum? To me being new, it seems the dish-hd forum is for discussing programming and the technical forum is for discussing hardware related issues.
If it's Dish-related, you can post any question you want in any of the three forums. Logic isn't necessary.... :D

Why Was My Thread Deleted?
In case you're new to the software used to run this message board, see the link above for "User CP" ? Click on it and it will list threads that have been "updated", i.e. someone has added a post to, that you've created or responded in. By default, this should be automatic. It's quite handy... If your thread gets moved, you're none the wiser. It will still show up (when updated) and clicking the link will take you to wherever it is.

In case you're new to the software used to run this message board, see the link above for "User CP" ? Click on it and it will list threads that have been "updated", i.e. someone has added a post to, that you've created or responded in. By default, this should be automatic. It's quite handy... If your thread gets moved, you're none the wiser. It will still show up (when updated) and clicking the link will take you to wherever it is.
Or just hit Quick Links and Today's posts...
Scott is working on the next generation of SatelliteGuys Software... Stay Tuned!

Really? Do you have any kind of information from Dish that clarifies this? I'd be interested to see what theyr saying the numbers are for their hd subs versus sd.
There was a thread in which (maybe) BRAVO or some channel mentioned that Dish has 3 or 6 million HD households (I'm thinking it was the 3 number). Given that Dish has 13+ million total, well, someone's speculation was rather inaccurate.... SD customers still far out-number HD customers by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)