Wife added HD as a Gift, BUT! - Help Pls

adrnln1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Chantilly, VA
My wife surprised me a purchased an HD Receiver for me as a gift for my newly finished man-cave. She thought she was purchasing the HD-DVR, but somewhere between her request and the call center person, I ended up with just the HD with NO DVR.

I spoke to DISH and they said there was no promotion to upgrade to a DVR and for some reason were very little help. I mentioned that I have been a customer for 10 years and have 5 receivers at my home and it didn't help.

Anyway... when I try to record, I do get an option to record to an external source. My question is; what is the best unit to record to? I don't want to get a VHS VCR and really enjoy having 100 hours on my Dish DVRs (4 currently in the house). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

:hungry:

Try emailing ceo@dishnetwork.com

Someone from the Executive Office will contact you. Be sure to include your account number if possible and a phone number to be reached at.

You should be able to upgrade to the HD-DVR.

Best of all: Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Thanks, I will email the CEO right away with my account and contact info... I appreciate the fast response.

Regards,

Ed
Aka: adrnln1

Great gift! I got a 622 upgrade for $199, with the Dish 1000 upgrade, then a $10/month for 10 month rebate. Very happy with the 622! I dealt with ceo@echostar address.

Yeah E-mail them and they should be able to get you taken care of! Oh Welcome to SatelliteGuys and the Dish Rocks!

I just sent the email and hopefully will get a reply today... I will report back as soon as I hear.

I use the Corvetteforum daily and didn't even think to find a forum for my satellite issues :eek:

Thanks again!!

Yeah you choose the right thing for HD due to Dish is the HD Leader! Verizon is ok but their a telco just like AT&T and never good to have everything all bundle togather..

Last edited:
Issue solved - Exec called me and charge is $149.99 installed for new 622 which will run 2 TVs.

Thanks to all! Start to finish 1 hour 11 minutes jeeeeeez

Glad to hear it worked out. Come back with any more questions that come up. (Especially when you want to find out all about that brand new 622!)

Oh, and by the way???? Make sure you do something REALLY nice for that wife of yours. She deserves something amazing. :)

You are a lucky man, don't forget that.

Good to hear of fast customer service and happy endings. Too often we only hear of the bad.

"Man cave" - I'll have to remember that one! :)

riffjim4069, FIOS is not available on my side of South Riding yet. Verizon said it will be 18-24 months. They did run the fiber to the house about a year ago and have a section of our development doing a "trial".

Great! Glad things went well for you and again Welcome to SatelliteGuys and the Dish Rocks! :)

Glad to hear that they contacted you back quickly and the issue has been resolved!!

It's always good to hear those kinds of things from time to time here. :)

We hope you will continue to browse and post here, as this is the absolute BEST place for all things satellite.

ceo has always taken care of me. From program changes to upgrades. I told them I don't like getting the out of country call centers, and they said no problem, we can take care of it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)