Wife **Hates** the new Black HD GUI - any way to get the old one back?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
New Guide runs great on the HR23 and its much smoother and quicker. It would be nice if we could add our own color. Im can see if you had the H/24 series, it could be more sluggish.

New Guide runs great on the HR23 and its much smoother and quicker. It would be nice if we could add our own color. Im can see if you had the H/24 series, it could be more sluggish.

Great to hear you're enjoying the new interface :)
I love it as well and am glad D* upgraded the interface.i hope they fix the issues for those who still are on SD sets.

Last edited:
Looks like they're trying to look like everyone else.

I finally figured out what you mean by this; AT&T UVerse does look similar.

Uverseprogram_guide.jpg

We got the new software two nights ago and it sucks. Both the HR20-700 & HR22-100 run slower and the black screen is totaly stupid, a 2 year old could have come up with a better color choice and display. Very poor judgment on the porgramers and supervisor that allowed this release. They all should be fired!!!

We got the new software two nights ago and it sucks. Both the HR20-700 & HR22-100 run slower and the black screen is totaly stupid, a 2 year old could have come up with a better color choice and display. Very poor judgment on the porgramers and supervisor that allowed this release. They all should be fired!!!

kinda an overreaction dont you think? I mean its all a matter of opinion.

I've probably read nearly 300 posts regarding the new hd gui. Yours is the second that is so critical.

Nothing ever makes people happy. The old GUI was nasty (and it wasn't from the original D* branded receivers, it went even farther back to the RCA brand receivers). This nasty GUI was one of the things that Dish trolls were quick to point out while bashing D*. Now it's fixed, and is in almost all ways superior to the Dish GUI, and people still just NEED to bitch about it. If you can't see that it looks better, you're definitely doing something wrong.

ClemSole, you just don't know what you're talking about. Yes, they absolutely could've come up with a color combination that gives better contrast and visibility than white-on-black. Know what it is? Green on purple. That's about as high as the contrast gets. It's also f'n ugly as all getout. White illuminated text on a black background is very easy to read from a distance regardless of ambient light, and works well in a GUI. A lot of people watch TV in a darkened room. Bright colors (like a bright blue background) in the GUI works against you by not only fatiguing your eyes, but it also 'shocks' your eyes when it comes up. It floods the room with light, and since you're staring right at it, your eyes are forced to adjust, then they have to re-adjust after it goes away (giving you the floating yellow box). No different than turning on the bathroom light at 4am and having to aim through squinted eyes, then tripping over the dog on the way back to bed because you can't see.

Last edited:
From what I've seen, if you don't like DirecTV's HD GUI, you would also won't like AT&T's UVerse GUI.

If you like SD GUI's I'd suggest getting cable since many cable co's (even huge ones) still use really old Scientific-Atlanta and Motorola boxes.

From what I've seen, if you don't like DirecTV's HD GUI, you would also won't like AT&T's UVerse GUI.

If you like SD GUI's I'd suggest getting cable since many cable co's (even huge ones) still use really old Scientific-Atlanta and Motorola boxes.

I really can't believe someone would choose a provider over the color of the GUI. :what

I really can't believe someone would choose a provider over the color of the GUI. :what

If everything else was equal, which it's not, then I suppose it might make a difference.

It is a shame DirecTV did not consider the HALATION effect that intense white text on intense black background causes particularly to dyslexic viewers! (and elderly?)

It is a shame DirecTV did not consider the HALATION effect that intense white text on intense black background causes particularly to dyslexic viewers! (and elderly?)

to bad you can't select it to translate into Klingon (GEEZ FOLKS!!)

Yes, when you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Instead of making something that works well for 99.997% of the customer base, lets design it around 36 people who MIGHT have a problem with it and to hell with everyone else. It's not all about YOU, Tyra.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts