Wife **Hates** the new Black HD GUI - any way to get the old one back?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So which Android or IOS app do you use to DUMP that Goth DirecTV GUI?

the iOS app has the same color scheme :D you can browse,change channels, schedule recordings and even stream live content.

the android apps available are two. one is a remote control which isn't that great and the other app is for scheduling a recording.

It is a shame DirecTV did not consider the HALATION effect that intense white text on intense black background causes particularly to dyslexic viewers! (and elderly?)

Is there ANYTHING you DO like about D* ?

In this and the next few posts you want to Change the GUI to something else ... (don't like the Black, did you enjoy the BLUE ?, you want to change the OS of the unit, then your not happy with the Remote .....:facepalm

My friend is dyslexic. I asked her if she had any problems reading the new guide. She she said no, its a big improvement for her and asked me how to get it on her receivers.

So basically he picked something that sounds scientific to bolster his 'argument', thinking no one would call him on it. But it's BS.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

It is a shame DirecTV did not consider the HALATION effect that intense white text on intense black background causes particularly to dyslexic viewers! (and elderly?)
It is likely that if you're experiencing halation that you've got your TV set up improperly (torch mode).

Overall I like the HDGUI from a purely cosmetic point of view. It is easier for me to read across the room. But that is where it ends, at the cosmetics!

I'm all HR24s and other than while actually in the guide itself, everything is slower than it was. Not enough to throw the remote like the HR21s are, but slow enough that it is mildly irritating. And since D* didn't feel the urge to give more than the same old 1.5 hour guide width, I don't see what all the kudos that this upgrade seems to get. Possibly it is because now the HR24s can run at the same speed as the older models?? :(

p010ne said:
Reasons NOT to use an inverted (white on black) color scheme?
also: "Turning down the brightness is just a hack that eliminates bright white as highlight option and makes ALL the colors on the monitor less vibrant, which negatively affects the whole computer experience."
http://www.usability.gov/pdfs/chapter11.pdf Usability.gov recommends black on white as well.

So this is a computer moniter, not a television .....

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)