wifi adapter with ultra

I'm not familiar with this E2 that I've seen mentioned a few times.

e2 is a version of the enigma os. the dreambox runs it and there is work being done to port it to the azbox. at present it is said to be pre alpha. if you search youtube you can find videos showing the progress.

Crackt, where did you find the thread you mentioned in post #16?

google azbox+wlanmonitor . there are quite a few results. remember there is alot more development for the azbox in europe. alot of non english reading there too.

crackt out,.

How about a wireless ethernet bridge !Its advertized to work with just about anything.They are not cheap!but can be bought for alittle under $100.This is a ethernet adaptor not a usb.

Last edited:
Is it possible to use my wifi usb adapter on my Ultra to use for internet?
I use it on one of my laptops for internet.

MrFTAMan,

Please understand that I don't mean any offense, but... Why did you purchase the Ultra w/o the built- in WiFi that is available on the Premium Plus, only to start asking how to hook WiFi up externally to the Ultra?

Seems to me that it would have been more logical to put the extra money forward on the purchase of the Premium Plus right off. Or is this just an afterthought?

With the expense of adding extraneous equipment and all the time to set it up, you would have been better served by just ordering the Premium Plus. (Please note, I understand that you had some existing equipment for WiFi ahead of time and are now simply curious).

My recommendation to OTHERS from this point forward is that if they think they want to utilize WiFi, then they should purchase the Premium or the Premium Plus model. The whole experience would be worth the additional cost of the receiver.

Like I stated, I am not trying to shine a negative light on your decision to purchase the Ultra, but if you yourself are even the slightest bit interested in WiFi now, after the purchase, then there may be others who might feel the same way down the road. I believe it would have been in your better interests to go with the Premium Plus and I believe that others should think this option over carefully before committing to buy. I am thinking that this will be a logical and important discussion for future AZBox purchasers.

In your case, I would simply use the Ultra to its full extent while you save up some extra play money to purchase a Premium Plus. Of course, that depends upon how critical your endeavor is in achieving the WiFi connection. Everyone has to rate the importance of that based upon their own usage and application... However, I would have to recommend the WiFi connection that is built in. It has some really great advantages.

I know that I didn't address your original question, (not directly anyway), but I felt that I should interject some important constructive criticism here. WiFi is one of the (built in) options available on certain models and I think that everyone should ivestigate this extensively before they buy. It provides a huge luxury and convenience and I wouldn't do without it. It was well worth the money for this extra perk.

RADAR

I am glad to get the Ultra! I have a wireless adapter I use on my other laptop and was curious if it would work with the Ultra. I am using the wired system which work great. I can get access to the Ultra with this computer I am using (it is wifi capable).
If it works, it would be great. If not, oh well...

I am glad to get the Ultra! I have a wireless adapter I use on my other laptop and was curious if it would work with the Ultra. I am using the wired system which work great. I can get access to the Ultra with this computer I am using (it is wifi capable).
If it works, it would be great. If not, oh well...

I don't know if you will be able to do what you wish or not (with the Ultra) without some expense and engineering. I just cannot say. It would be convenient if you could make it work, but I think it is going to be cumbersome/awkward or not possible. But, don't take my word for it, I cannot qualify my notion.

I thought about the Plus, but I had only enough money to get the Ultra.

FTAMan, I don't know the difference in price off the top of my head, so I won't comment too much on the difference there, but I do think it would be simpler to get the Premium Plus in this specific regard.
If you revamp the Ultra to use WiFi (if possible) you might be spending just as much in the long run anyway and it may not function as good or look / work as nice. Just surmising, of course.

RADAR

I could've bought the plus but i don't like being restricted to what the vendor offers for wireless.

A NetGear WNCE2001 might help for about $50. (I just checked; the price varies more than I might have imagined.) Anyway I got an opened box in Canada for $50. I haven't tried it on an AZBox HD Ultra yet as it is only being shipped today but it is basically an unsophisticated bridge and works well on other devices.

I received the Ultra today, plugged in the NetGear WNCE2001 and it worked perfectly. The box was set to accept all the IP perimeters from DHCP. Scanned a couple of satellites and downloaded them to a PC without a hitch.

I am in Canada and picked it up at Future Shop. It was not listed on their website. When checking the prices for the first post I noticed it varies a lot in price with a low of about $50 in the US.

Of course I meant parameters, not perimeters in the previous post.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but for those of you interested, we are about to introduce a wireless USB adaptor so that people with an Elite or Ultra may connect their receiver to their wireless network. These adaptors will work "out of the box" so no special software will be required in order to enable these. Please note that this is NOT a wireless bridge so it does not use the receiver's ethernet port in order to function.

Will let you guys know once it becomes available.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)