AZBOX WiFi

which wifi module for azbox me i know there is the WaveFocus but will another one work.

With our AZtrino North American edition firmware, only the WaveFocus wireless USB adapter will work. Specific driver modules need to be compiled and loaded into the firmware for each type of wireless USB adapter so this is why other types of adapters won't work. The nice thing about the WaveFocus adapter is that it works on all AzBox HD receivers including Elite, Ultra, Me and the miniMe.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

P. S. Buying the WaveFocus USB adapter also helps to support firmware development for the North American market, especially from people who purchased their AzBox from outside Canada. We are about to release a new version of our AZtrino North American edition firmware for your AzBox Me so we appreciate any support we receive.

Last edited:
PwrSurge Not Happy With Drsat Ordered the waveFocus on the 18th tracking is showing it left Canada and is now in Ireland.

Sorry For The Vent Yesterday. Canada Post Was Showing It Wrong Checked It At USPS And According to USPS, My package is currently being processed by a USPS sorting facility in Chicago, IL.

I'm using a Netgear WNCE2001 with both my Elite and Ultra. They work but I can't get bit rates faster than 6 Mb even though these Netgear adapters work near the 11n max speed when used with my laptop.

I'm using a Netgear WNCE2001 with both my Elite and Ultra. They work but I can't get bit rates faster than 6 Mb even though these Netgear adapters work near the 11n max speed when used with my laptop.

Funny, I tried using an N13 ASUS adapter with this Ubuntu Linux computer I'm on now and never could get it to pass data at Draft N speed either and that after spending quite a bit of time trying different things via the Ubuntu help forum. I have 3 different computers that I tried that adapter on and NONE of the Linux systems would run at actual Draft N speed. These computers are all multiboot systems that also have Windows operating systems on them and Windows would work without any speed problems.

So your Netgear adapter in the AZBox may suffer the same driver problems that Ubuntu Linux suffers from.

So your Netgear adapter in the AZBox may suffer the same driver problems that Ubuntu Linux suffers from.

Nope. I'm using Ubuntu 12.10 on my laptop. The problem seems to be with whatever Linux they're running in Azbox or whatever ethernet interface hardware is being used in the Azbox. Oh well, 6 Mb is fine for keeping the time up-to-date.

I ordered me one of them from Ebay for $26 compare paying $50 at Walmart. Looking forward trying it!

I'll be real interested to hear how yours works also as my Elite suffered a LAN connection failure about a year or so ago and now the only way I have to backup channel stuff is via USB, which works, just not as convenient as being able to access it via FTP.

I'll be real interested to hear how yours works also as my Elite suffered a LAN connection failure about a year or so ago and now the only way I have to backup channel stuff is via USB, which works, just not as convenient as being able to access it via FTP.

Unfortunately, this won't work for you as the Netgear WNCE2001 is a wireless bridge so it still needs a working ethernet port on your Elite in order to function. However, the WaveFocus Wireless USB adapter that we carry does not require a working ethernet port as it is a true network interface and not a wireless bridge.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this won't work for you as the Netgear WNCE2001 is a wireless bridge so it still needs a working ethernet port on your Elite in order to function. However, the WaveFocus Wireless USB adapter that we carry does not require a working ethernet port as it is a true network interface and not a wireless bridge.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Thanks for the heads up on the LAN thingie. I didn't know about that.

RE: Your WIFI......... Sorry, it's too expensive for me, but thanks anyway. ;) Oh, and did I mention that I'm cheap!!

I haven't used that Elite receiver in months now as I also have an Openbox S9 on both my systems and I like them better. In fact, I have often thought about selling both my AZ Elite and Ultra since neither gets used enough to justify keeping them. Just not enough 4.2.2 feeds out there any more.

I removed the hard drive and it still will not work it was working fine before i installed it. I can boot up in boot 1 where i have Openrsi and it will work fine just cannot get it to work in aztrino 2.15 it keep giving me a network inactive.

Johnnynobody, Igot the Netgear today. Is there a certain way to hook it to my Ultra? What all I need to do?

If you're using WPA you should be able to get it going by plugging into the ethernet connector and by using the routers WPS feature. If you're not using WPA then it should be plug-n-play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)