Wii?

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Ok guys I'm more of a PC gamer which I will always be but the wife been talking lately about getting a Wii for the family. What are some good sport games and games for the family and of course games for us guys? Thanks for the input... :)

Ok guys I'm more of a PC gamer which I will always be but the wife been talking lately about getting a Wii for the family. What are some good sport games and games for the family and of course games for us guys? Thanks for the input... :)
What ages are the kids?
My kids are 8 & 6 and love Sonic/Mario Olympics.
My wife loved Zelda-Twilight Princess.

My wife and I have a Wii and love it. The Wii sports game that comes with the Wii is a very fun game for all, including the kids. Mario Cart is a lot of fun for older kids (and adults).
Not a huge sports fan, but there are some good first person shooters out there for the grownup kids.
You may be surprised how fun Wii Fit is, we have a blast with that one.

Get WiiFit and get them to compete with each other for working out.

Have to stick with it though... plugged in our Wii for the first time in who knows how long....

....well WiiFit knew....

"Hello Stephen, it's been 105 days since we've seen you!"

At least I only put on 7lbs in those 105 days.

Get WiiFit and get them to compete with each other for working out.

Have to stick with it though... plugged in our Wii for the first time in who knows how long....

....well WiiFit knew....

"Hello Stephen, it's been 105 days since we've seen you!"

At least I only put on 7lbs in those 105 days.
Yeah my fit board is collecting dust as well. I'd sell it but it looks like new games are going to utilize the board, so I may as well keep it and look into other avenues to working out.

Mario strikers charged, twilight princess, smash brothers are pretty cool. In all honesty im gonna trade all my wii stuff in for new ps3 games. nintendo has really let me down this time around. The quality of the games are lame and with games like little big planet, dead space, resistance 2, eternal sonata and bioshock out or coming within the next few weeks it looks like a good time to be a ps3 owner.

Long time PC gamer? Thinking about a Wii? Trust me, bad idea. Didn't work out too well for me

Long time PC gamer? Thinking about a Wii? Trust me, bad idea. Didn't work out too well for me

Yeah I will always be a PC gamer... :) Going to build me a new PC in the next couple of months. The Wii is something really for the family to do and enjoy together. Again thanks for all the input from everyone.. :)

My 11 year-old son's had his Wii nearly 2 years. It's hard to go wrong with the mainstream action games. Any edition of Tiger Woods or Madden NFL will be good. My son and his friends like the Mario Kart and Guitar Hero games. I've watched him play Twilight Princess, very cool. Mario Strikers Charged and Smash Brothers are also on the favorites lists.

There are some fairly new accessories that are also worthwhile. One increases the precision of the remote's motion. There is also a keyboard, which has to be a LOT easier than pointing your remote at a on-screen keyboard.

If you're after glitzy graphics, or war-simulations, the Wii will disappoint. As a family-oriented game system, IMO it's a good fit, esp. for elementary school ages. It's much more fun swinging a golf club, than timing a button-press like the other systems. For instance, in Tiger Woods your follow-through matters (just like on the course)! The Wii Sports disc that comes with it has a boxing game that's good, too.

My son tends to obsess over games, talking about them at inappropriate times, etc. We limit his exposure to shooting-type games, and the Wii has made that part easy.

Since you're a PC gamer, don't look at it as a replacement. It's not. It's a supplement.

Mario Cart is a lot of fun for older kids (and adults)
You may be surprised how fun Wii Fit is, we have a blast with that one.
We got Mario Cart for my son's birthday. He loves it. My wife and I have even played it with the 2 older kids, lots of fun.

Wii Fit, bought that for my wife last week. Annoying game, I'm barely over 200 lbs (5'8" tall), and it called me obese, even pegged at the top of the obese scale. I expected overweight, but not obese. Worse thing is, it puffed my Mii to a fatter stage.
Makes me wonder what would have happened if someone 250 or even 300 used it.

My 11 year-old son's had his Wii nearly 2 years. It's hard to go wrong with the mainstream action games. Any edition of Tiger Woods or Madden NFL will be good. My son and his friends like the Mario Kart and Guitar Hero games. I've watched him play Twilight Princess, very cool. Mario Strikers Charged and Smash Brothers are also on the favorites lists.

There are some fairly new accessories that are also worthwhile. One increases the precision of the remote's motion. There is also a keyboard, which has to be a LOT easier than pointing your remote at a on-screen keyboard.

If you're after glitzy graphics, or war-simulations, the Wii will disappoint. As a family-oriented game system, IMO it's a good fit, esp. for elementary school ages. It's much more fun swinging a golf club, than timing a button-press like the other systems. For instance, in Tiger Woods your follow-through matters (just like on the course)! The Wii Sports disc that comes with it has a boxing game that's good, too.

My son tends to obsess over games, talking about them at inappropriate times, etc. We limit his exposure to shooting-type games, and the Wii has made that part easy.

Since you're a PC gamer, don't look at it as a replacement. It's not. It's a supplement.
Be wary of the PC + Wii combination. I tried doing that as well, and while my PC was pretty decent (still is, but I won't be running Crysis on full res anytime soon with it) I still found myself missing out on playing console games with controllers and stuff like that, as well as the regular hardcore gaming you can do with a different system. I ended up getting a 360 and found that to be a better gaming supplement. Then again, if you're really more of a hardcore PC gamer, PC + Wii may be a better combo.

Ya, I don't ever forsee staples being suitable replaced by PC or Wii. Stuff like Madden I'll never be able to, nor want to play with a motion controller... and they just don't make it properly for the PC (still a PS2 port). Even if they did, my friends will get it for a HD console, not the PC. More seem to gravitate towards the consoles as well for our coop experience.

Best thing about the Wii is non- gamers can play and like it. Tiger Woods is a great party game. My friends aged 50 -55 get together for golf on friday nights.

Daughter has Wii, Wii Fit, Mario Kart, NFL 08, Lego Star Wars, and one other game+2 controllers and 2 wheels. Daughter does fit 5 days a week. Everyone has a hard time pulling my seven year old grandson away from Lego "Star Wars, the complete Saga".:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts