Wild Blue

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Are the Wild Blue dish's worth having. the kind that have the reflector on them? 50 bucks seems a little high dollar

Apprentice,

The WB signal is Ka band, which is a higher frequency than Ku band. Because of this, they can utilize a smaller dish. If you are pondering using one of these dishes for FTA use, you are not going to gain anything and in fact you will lose something. These dishes are intended for a specific function and that function is NOT FTA Ku band. I believe they make a dish for commercial use that is larger than what we would get for home internet use, but then that would be even more expensive and still designed around the fact that their signal is Ka-Band.

I personally would not recommed that you even dabble with one as they are worth more to a WB internet consumer than they are to a KU-Band FTA consumer.

I have WB satellite internet and I know what the dish is like. It isn't big enough for what we want for FTA. If you have one and it is in good condition and has a working TRIA, put it up on Ebay and use the proceeds to help buy yourself a really nice dish for Ku-band (or what ever equipment you desire).

RADAR

I have tons of dish's at this point I have not put up :)
Just wondering as I hate to pass up something that might be useful. But does not sound like anything I need.

I have tons of dish's at this point I have not put up :)
Just wondering as I hate to pass up something that might be useful. But does not sound like anything I need.

Yeah, don't mess with it. It isn't worth the trouble. Especially since you already have other dishes available to you. It's like having a good condition, but wrong size tire for your car or truck. You hate not being able to use it, but it just doesn't work and someone else could use it better.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts