Wildblue FAP wierdness

joshuakun

Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
I was doing good with my FAP through February after going over and then reclaiming my speed and made it into March under the limit. However, as March dragged on... my usage never went down like it did in February (my usage didn't have a noticeable drop until around Feb 14. Its already two weeks into March and it just keep steadily rising until I went over yesterday. I didn't download too much (until I had some software updates that pushed me over) and turned off my modem along with my computer. Still, no drops (plus, the Google site still says I'm at 98%).

It looks like I will only go under whenever they throttle me... makes me wish I had gone with Hughes net where I wouldn't be throtted for more than a day... Any help? What is going on? How do I make the meter go down? For the first half of March I was only browsing every day and it just would keep going up. I seriously tried not to download loads... it's hard, you know? I restricted myself and still I breached the limit.

I was doing good with my FAP through February after going over and then reclaiming my speed and made it into March under the limit. However, as March dragged on... my usage never went down like it did in February (my usage didn't have a noticeable drop until around Feb 14. Its already two weeks into March and it just keep steadily rising until I went over yesterday. I didn't download too much (until I had some software updates that pushed me over) and turned off my modem along with my computer. Still, no drops (plus, the Google site still says I'm at 98%).

It looks like I will only go under whenever they throttle me... makes me wish I had gone with Hughes net where I wouldn't be throtted for more than a day... Any help? What is going on? How do I make the meter go down? For the first half of March I was only browsing every day and it just would keep going up. I seriously tried not to download loads... it's hard, you know? I restricted myself and still I breached the limit.
hughes net sucks just as bad,200 mb per 24 hours,now what can one do with such a small download treshold aswer small amount of browing only not enough mb for any kind of software upgrade.

I don't understand why people have so much problem with FAP. I have used Hughes for about 4 years now and have only hit FAP once while meaning to because I wanted to see 1. How much I really could get away with and 2. I wanted to see how slow the speeds were under FAP.

I agree with The Tate. I have had WB for almost 3 years now and I only hit FAP once.( no we are not in this together). But I really did just too see what would happen. And mind you it took a lot of work to hit it. It took me 3 months to finally hit it. Trying hard too. However I don't download and watch movies and such, for one its not me, 2 I know I don't have the bandwidth on Satellite Inet. Pardon my French but DAMN it was hard to hit it(FAP). I did lots of upgrade downloads too. No Prob. I would suspect you do more than just software upgrades and such.

does someone have an open port with spyware or something killing them? wouldnt be the first time ive heard of it happening. also youd experience some speed issues if this were true.

I noticed the same thing with my wildblue FAP from about 2/20/08 to 3/20/08. I had the modem unpluged durring that time because I was out of town on a buisiness trip and I was FAPPED on 2/20/08. My usage never went down during that time and by 3/27/08 I was fapped again. On the 2/20/08 FAP my speeds where put to normal on 2/29/08 (according to an email they sent me) but now my usage meter says 48% the the last 30 days and has been under 70% since 3/31/08 and WB says they won't fix my acount until 4/27/08

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts