WildBlue offers free installation (1 Viewer)

cablewithaview

Thread Starter
Stand against retrans!!!
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
398
0
DeKalb County, AL
WildBlue Communications, which offers high-speed Internet service to rural areas through its satellite network, is offering free installation starting April 1. Installation, which normally costs $179.95, will be free until May 15.

Denver-based WildBlue's investors include John Malone's Liberty Media. The company debuted its service last year.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/tech/article/0,2777,DRMN_23910_4573997,00.html
 

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 19, 2005
2,580
0
land of the ice and snow
cablewithaview said:
WildBlue Communications, which offers high-speed Internet service to rural areas through its satellite network, is offering free installation starting April 1. Installation, which normally costs $179.95, will be free until May 15.

Denver-based WildBlue's investors include John Malone's Liberty Media. The company debuted its service last year.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/tech/article/0,2777,DRMN_23910_4573997,00.html

I just got a blank white page with advertisements.

Do you know if they plan to cut Tech pay?
 

cablewithaview

Thread Starter
Stand against retrans!!!
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
398
0
DeKalb County, AL
WildBlue Offers Free Installation for High Speed Internet via Satellite

Denver, Colorado - WildBlue Communications, Inc. today announced that it will offer free installation for its high speed Internet via satellite beginning April 1st. WildBlue provides high-speed Internet access via satellite to homes and small businesses in communities not currently served, or underserved, by other high speed providers.

WildBlue offers fast, reliable Internet service in three service packages to consumers and small businesses across the contiguous U.S. for as little as $49.95 per month. WildBlue features download speeds of up to 1.5Mbps, competitive with other high-speed services available in the market today. All packages include Internet Service Provider (ISP) services such as e-mail and Web space, the WildBlue Portal (featuring the latest news, information and entertainment), 24 hours per day/7 days a week customer care, and an equipment warranty. WildBlue‘s equipment is available for $299.00. Installation, normally $179.95, will be free through May 15, 2006.

"WildBlue has experienced a tremendous 2006 thus far, and, with free installation, our two-way wireless high-speed Internet service is now an even more attractive option for people in communities where terrestrial broadband access is either limited or unavailable," said Brad Greenwald, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at WildBlue. "We truly are the most cost effective satellite broadband option available in the market today, and the advantages of a short-term free installation offer remove another hurdle for rural and small town customers who are seeking the benefits of high-speed Internet wherever they live and work."

An always-on broadband Internet connection, WildBlue’s service offers access speeds that are up to thirty times faster than dial-up. WildBlue's two-way wireless service provides high-speed data in both directions, upstream and downstream. Customers do not need an additional phone or cable line in order to receive broadband Internet access.

WildBlue’s fast, reliable Internet service is available by calling 1-866-WILDBLUE (1-866-945-3258) or by visiting www.wildblue.com for information on local dealers.

About WildBlue
WildBlue Communications, Inc. was established to provide broadband access to consumers and small offices in rural areas and small cities. Service is available in the contiguous United States. More information on the company is available at www.wildblue.com.

http://wildblue.com/company/doPressReleaseDetailsAction.do?pressReleaseID=19
 

CochiseGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 6, 2006
921
1
Cochise County, Arizona
The Tate said:
Do you know if they plan to cut Tech pay?

If you mean do they reduce the commission / installation fees paid to Dealers or Installers, the answer is no. For the current promo through March 31 of $100 off installation, the reimburse the Dealer the $100. For the new Free Install from April 1 through May 15, they reimburse the Dealer the Standard Installation Fee of $179. Remember, though, the Free Installation is only for Standard Installation - Wall or Roof screw-in mount, building ground within 20' of the dish. Any non-standard installations - pole or non-penetrating roof mounts, grounding rod required, etc - will still entail additional costs.

I'm a small WB Dealer/Installer in SE Arizona.
 

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 19, 2005
2,580
0
land of the ice and snow
CochiseGuy said:
If you mean do they reduce the commission / installation fees paid to Dealers or Installers, the answer is no. For the current promo through March 31 of $100 off installation, the reimburse the Dealer the $100. For the new Free Install from April 1 through May 15, they reimburse the Dealer the Standard Installation Fee of $179. Remember, though, the Free Installation is only for Standard Installation - Wall or Roof screw-in mount, building ground within 20' of the dish. Any non-standard installations - pole or non-penetrating roof mounts, grounding rod required, etc - will still entail additional costs.

I'm a small WB Dealer/Installer in SE Arizona.

I just wonder why they are offering a FREE install? They are still relatively a small company and keep dropping the price of their installations, I suppose to attract more customers. The service has not been available for a good year now and seems like if they were getting the response they wanted out of customers they would gradually decrease the price instead of just cutting it away. Now that they have done this it is going to be hard for them to charge for an install.

Don't get me wrong I am not in anyway to put down the product. I have had very little experience with it so I cannot give a clear judgement. I just think this may be a bad decision to offer this so early.
 

CochiseGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 6, 2006
921
1
Cochise County, Arizona
The Tate said:
I just wonder why they are offering a FREE install? They are still relatively a small company and keep dropping the price of their installations, I suppose to attract more customers. The service has not been available for a good year now and seems like if they were getting the response they wanted out of customers they would gradually decrease the price instead of just cutting it away. Now that they have done this it is going to be hard for them to charge for an install.

Don't get me wrong I am not in anyway to put down the product. I have had very little experience with it so I cannot give a clear judgement. I just think this may be a bad decision to offer this so early.

My sales rep told me that the $100 Off Installation promo was so successful in enrolling new customers that they decided to give Free Installation a try. And if you look at satellite TV, free installation & equipment is the norm. I have no inside info, but it wouldn't surprise me to see WB offer free or discounted equipment along with free installs in the near future. You know, they pretty much have the same fixed overhead costs whether a beam is maxed out or has no customers at all. But there's a big difference in income.
WB does have some beams in the midwest (PA & MI) closed to new customers because the max usage has been reached. But most beams in the West are wide open. Beam 38 for example, cover southeastern AZ and a small part of southwestern NM. There weren't any WB installers at all in southern AZ until January 2006. I'm still the only Dealer who will do installs in Cochise County, which encompasses over 6,200 sq. miles.
And then, the WB1 satellite launches later this year, which will more than double capacity.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top