Will 922 Ever Get Blockbuster At Home

OK, woke up this morning and the Blockbuster @ Home tile is gone from the main menu of my 922. I can still access BB@H, but only as a submenu of "On Demand". Same end results, but I liked it better yesterday, when Blockbuster had its own button. Software still shows S117. Also, my Home Media / DLNA menu is broken, when I select it all I get is a black screen with an unresponsive yellow pointer in the middle of it.

OK, woke up this morning and the Blockbuster @ Home tile is gone from the main menu of my 922. I can still access BB@H, but only as a submenu of "On Demand". Same end results, but I liked it better yesterday, when Blockbuster had its own button. Software still shows S117. Also, my Home Media / DLNA menu is broken, when I select it all I get is a black screen with an unresponsive yellow pointer in the middle of it.
I still have the Blockbuster @ Home tile, but getting the same home media result.

The best improvement would be to drop the DVR fee down to $6 like all the other non hopper DVRs. The $4 extra do nothing fee is really nothing now...

I agree the fee on the 922 is too high. Get rid of the $4 a month 922 Tax!

upgrade fee is too high as well.

Hear hear! Actually you meant to say "$6 like all the other DVRs". The Hopper's extra $4 fee is charged for the "whole home" part.

I could see DISH adding another "whole home "system option with the 922&211k.;)

If I did not want to pay the $10. DVR fee for the 922 I would have stayed with my 722k.:confused:

That disappearing act is reminiscent of the BBMP arrival on my 722. First the firmware arrived. Then the following day the BBMP menu item appeared to replace the PlatinumHD menu item. Then after a week or so it went back to PlatinumHD, and finally it stuck on BBMP.

Still waiting on the software update. I'll give it one more week untill I cancel my dish service. This is descrimanation as it appears some customers are better than others.

Still waiting on the software update. I'll give it one more week untill I cancel my dish service. This is descrimanation as it appears some customers are better than others.
I have no idea how Dish determines who to update and when, but I do know that not eveyone gets updated at the same time. I was first on the list this time, but have been last before. It's your choice to cancel if you want, but it shouldn't be over this.

Don't know if it's coincidence, but when I first heard reports on this forum last week of S117 with BB@H apparently coming to the 922, I soft rebooted mine when I got home from work. The new software didn't spool after the receiver rebooted obviously, but showed up the following morning (after the nightly 3 am update, I guess.) Like I said, most likely pure coincidence, but it can't hurt to try.

Do you have Blockbuster@Home on your account?.I do and I still don't have the update,but I have 22 more channels in my guide I can watch and I can order DVDs online,just can't stream from Blockbuster until I get the update.

I have heard it all depends what number your receiver is and which lot of numbers DISH decides to update and when,hang it there you'll get it,it's coming.:)

I was really hoping that their policy might change at the summit but its a no go so I guess I will just go ahead and replace all of my 722's with 922's hopefully they continue to service these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)