Will 922 Ever Get Blockbuster At Home

The BB interface is just OK, but it's consistent with the interface of the 922 in general, and its earlier On Demand movies menu. Scrolling up and down the movie "tiles" is pretty zippy, still haven't played around with the filters much but I selected "HD only" and the screen redraw was quick. A HD movie I picked at random (As good as it gets) took only about 10 seconds to spool before becoming available to "Watch Now", but surely all this has got everything to do with internet speed. I have 30 Mbps down and everything seems fast to me. I like the interface better than the 612's in our bedroom. Overall I am happy, especially since I had pretty much given up on the idea of ever getting BB on the 922.

Still waiting for S117 out here in NW Oregon.

Double checked and my upgrades should happen at 03:00 a.m. but not last night, maybe soon.

still at S116 today, but i always had the OnDemand tile, there is a new tile for OnDemand or new content under the tile?

New look tile, same content as before for "On Demand" pay movies from what I could tell before leaving for work this morning... Separate tile for Blockbuster menu.

New look tile, same content as before for "On Demand" pay movies from what I could tell before leaving for work this morning... Separate tile for Blockbuster menu.

For me it has different content...
Before I never had titles available OnDemand for free. Last time there was only 2 movies... all others I need to pay, the same for TV shows, not that much content... Now I have more movies (not a lot, but I'm not subscribed to BB@H, but still have like 300 free movies and more TV shows that I actually watch (not old ones that I never watched with the OnDemand fetaure before). And finally OnDemand sorted by channels which is very nice :D

this is from support dish, there is no mention of S118:

Release - S117/S209/S261 - 922,Hopper,Joey - 05/03/2012

icon_post_target.gif
by kate » Thu May 03, 2012 12:53 pm
Please note, it may take a few weeks for software updates to occur on your receiver.

ViP922 - Software Release Version 2117

On Demand new UI/SVOD/Adaptive Streaming, Sling HLS, Misc.

--

Last edited:
Great! How much?

IMHO the 922 is becoming desirable again, and e.g. has OTA capabiity that the Hopper does not. Oh, and you can get one without throwing out all your older receivers.

Krell I kept an eye out on EBay for one,that's where alot of them are showing up,and where I bought mine.(because the previous owner's want a Hopper,there's Hoppers there also)

Always verify the receiver's ID# with DISH before you purchase a DISH receiver on EBay.

See guys! 922 isn't DEAD!!! What have I been telling you all this time?!

I have been saying for a few months now that the Blockbuster update for the 922 was due in May. Once again I was on the Money. :)

The question I have not however is whats next for the 922? Hopefully we get a better picture of what the future holds next week at Team Summit. :)

I have been saying for a few months now that the Blockbuster update for the 922 was due in May. Once again I was on the Money. :)

The question I have not however is whats next for the 922? Hopefully we get a better picture of what the future holds next week at Team Summit. :)

The best improvement would be to drop the DVR fee down to $6 like all the other non hopper DVRs. The $4 extra do nothing fee is really nothing now...

The best improvement would be to drop the DVR fee down to $6 like all the other non hopper DVRs.

Hear hear! Actually you meant to say "$6 like all the other DVRs". The Hopper's extra $4 fee is charged for the "whole home" part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts