Will an H21 with software 0x434d Work with AM21?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Al K

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
The technician just left my house, replacing a failed H20 with an H21. I complained to D* about losing my locals via my OTA antenna. The new receiver downloaded software version 0x434d after it powered up. Does anyone know if this software will work with an AM21. D* seems to be willing to lose a customer rather than provide me with my locals via an OTA antenna. They won't even acknowledge that they have an AM21.

Well, although James Hyde was three months late, he was correct. The AM21 did not work with my H21. After a long battle with Directv, I was able to get an HR21 for free and I bought an AM21 for $50. Finally, I'm watching my locals OTA.

I went all the way to the corporate offices on this one!

The AM21 works just fine with my H23 running 0x434d.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 002-edited.jpg
    002-edited.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 169
Well, I am sorry to hear it didn't work. I have not personally tried it, but everything I have read indicated it should have. What reason did they give? I am surprised they didn't just ship you another H21 or an H23...

Glad you got an HR out of it though...

There is no reason why it would not work. The software for all the H2x series receivers supports the AM21 (except of course for the H20 which has an OTA tuner built-in).

Status
Please reply by conversation.