Will an HR22 Allow me to watch D* on two tv's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lgjmb

Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
I used to have an H20 receiver which allowed me to watch programs in my home theatre and bedroom. I ran the signal to the bedroom through the TV out (I believe it was called that). They were the same programs, but it gave me the option of watching tv in either room. I had to replace it with an H21, but I lost the option of watching tv in the bedroom. Would an HR22 allow me to watch tv in both rooms? If so, are there any special requirements?
Thanks,

I used to have an H20 receiver which allowed me to watch programs in my home theatre and bedroom. I ran the signal to the bedroom through the TV out (I believe it was called that). They were the same programs, but it gave me the option of watching tv in either room. I had to replace it with an H21, but I lost the option of watching tv in the bedroom. Would an HR22 allow me to watch tv in both rooms? If so, are there any special requirements?
Thanks,

Haven't seen a TV out in a while but why wouldn't the TV out work with the H21 as it still delivers the signal to the TV. That aside, you can use any of the free outouts on the HR22 (ones not being used) to run to your bedroom; you will just be required to watch the same program on both TV's. If they are close, you can run Component/Composite directly to the bedroom or purchase an RCA to 75 ohm modulator & run Coax to the bedroom. You could also run HDMI directly to the bedroom but I usually save that for the best TV. All outputs on the HR22 are active for feeding different TV's.

Exactly, if it was working on your H20 then it will be the same for any HD Rec. You may have had a RF modulator on the H20, which doesn't sound like you hooked that back up when you put the H21 in.

I think what he meant was the H21 no longer has the RF out so he lost that simple connection. I don't think the HR22 has the RF out either. What he can do is to buy a composite to RF modulator and convert the red/white/yellow to RF.

I think what he meant was the H21 no longer has the RF out so he lost that simple connection. I don't think the HR22 has the RF out either. What he can do is to buy a composite to RF modulator and convert the red/white/yellow to RF.

H20's don't have rf outputs. It must have been connected some other way.

Beware though, I'm having many difficulties with this. It does not appear the HR22 and an RF Modulator can share an RG6 for the satellite and UHF feeds, there appears to be some interference.

If he does it this way, I think he'll need a separate run from the RF modulator to the TVs, he will not be able to utilize the same RG6 cable.

Beware though, I'm having many difficulties with this. It does not appear the HR22 and an RF Modulator can share an RG6 for the satellite and UHF feeds, there appears to be some interference.

If he does it this way, I think he'll need a separate run from the RF modulator to the TVs, he will not be able to utilize the same RG6 cable.

You can't diplex RF signals on the same wire as the sat feed because the way D* has stacked the DBS signals they share the UHF band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)