Will an Installer Hook up a HD-DVR not Bought Through D*?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jyafink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
I have a new customer install set for August 8. When I called to set up service the CSR told me an extra HD-DVR would be $199.99. However, the HR-21 at my Costco is $149.00. Since these receivers are a lease no matter what, if D* won't match Costco's price can I just buy one from Costco and hand it to the installer when he shows up? I guess I would also have to call at some point and tell them to be sure to bring a multi-switch when they come too? Is all this possible or will the installer refuse to hook up something unless he brings it himself? I'd call D* tonight and ask them myself but I've had bad experiences with their night CSRs.

It is really hard to say. Your best bet is to give them a call. If you wait until the installer comes on site you will most likely be out of luck as they will not have the multiswitch on the order.

You also don't state how many other recievers they will be hooking up during the installation. If it is just one HR21 then you would not need a switch to add a second DVR.

But the installer will have to change the work order regardless, but doing the second outlet for the customer purchased receiver still won't be on his work order. Best bet would be to call D* and explain your situation, then prepare to be disappointed when they get it wrong and the installer won't do it.

Is all this possible or will the installer refuse to hook up something unless he brings it himself?
Probably not, I had a similar situation last Fall. I ordered the install via Best Buy and purchased another HR20 from them at the same time. The sales guy asked the D* CSR he set the install up with if they would install the additional unit and was told yes. D* noted it on the account and I took the receiver home. When the installer showed up, he installed the additional unit without questions, but then when it was time for him to leave, he wanted to charge another $75 bucks. I called D* and they had it noted he was to install, the unit, so they had me pay him and gave ma a credit to offset. I guess not everything gets communicated to the install company (Mastec in my case), but D* made it right in the end...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)