Will an SG2100 work with a 31" Alphastar Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davage

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
This past week I went to visit my folks who live 800km (500 Miles) away from where I live. I told my father about my FTA set and how much fun I've had getting signals on my ExpressVu 24" reflector, and I asked if he just happened to have any dishes kicking around.. (He manages to find all kinds of scrap metal). Well, he pulled out a 30 or possibly 31" Alphastar dish with LNB. Apparently a family friend who was a satellite dealer at one point give him the Alphastar dish years ago. This dish doesn't appear to have even been exposed to the outdoor elements at all.

So... Now that I've found a larger reflector to use, I'm thinking that I'd like to put an SG2100 motor on this dish to scan the skies.

Does anybody know if this Alphastar dish will work OK? Is there a specific bolt pattern needed on the reflector to hook up to a SG2100 motor?

I dont see why it wouldn't work. All the dish has to do is fit on the shaft of the motor and the mast should be able to fit right on the motor.

Alphastar--boy there is a blast from the past :D

Alphastar--boy there is a blast from the past :D

Yes. I'm going to be waiting for comments from my neighbours asking what an Alphastar system is. I haven't seen an Alphastar dish in years. The really neat thing is that this dish is basically brand new and has been in storage. It looks new. I can't wait to get a motor and get it hooked up.

This FTA setup has definately been a ton of fun to play with. I've had an ExpressVu subscription for years and years now, and nothing that I've found on ExpressVu is like catching a live backhaul feed on an FTA set. :) Watching a program on ABC/FOX on Galaxy 10 without simsubs is pretty darn neat too!

Funny I saw one on someones house just yesterday.......I had all but forgotten about them as well.......what kind of reciever did they use?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts